TPMS glitch ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Tonight my right rear sensor light went to the ---- screen and Service TPMS message came on !
The first time it cam on was several months ago on the right side front tire ! After a few minutes the dash light went back to reading PSI like normal
My truck is a 2015 93k on the clock !
I assume batteries starting to fail ?

Game plane is do them all in the next few months !
Waiting to recover $$$$$ after replacing my front differential :O

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Guess everyone has never had the same issue lol
Anyway 7 years seems to be the average battery life ! SO next oil change and tire rotation/balance I'll get new sensors put in

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep... just adding more cost for consumers on an item that we were, somehow, able to drive without for nearly 100 years.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Yep... just adding more cost for consumers on an item that we were, somehow, able to drive without for nearly 100 years.
Yup I have been driving since 1960 and did the old tire hand gauge lol.. Now I like the gadget

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup I have been driving since 1960 and did the old tire hand gauge lol.. Now I like the gadget
The "gadgets" are fun, until it is $200 to replace them. A tire gauge is $2, check 'em when you fill up... you've got nothing better to do while the pump runs.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
The "gadgets" are fun, until it is $200 to replace them. A tire gauge is $2, check 'em when you fill up... you've got nothing better to do while the pump runs.
Truth to that lol

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have access to a scantool that can read all the modules in the truck? I would bet there is a code in the TPMS module that will point you in the right direction to fix. But as noted above, its most likely a sensor battery going dead.

This is a fantastic scantool for the price that had close to dealer level functionality:
Its an app on your phone or tablet that talks to the dongle. You do have to subscribe to the specific software but its well worth the money. I keep it in the center console of the truck.

And yeah I totally agree, I survived 20 years of driving before getting the truck with tpms. The good ol $5 tire gauge never let me down.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Always someone makes these comments about new functionality. Funny part is, everyone uses the new functions and complains a LOT when they go out. Nothing says you have to fix the TPMS, you could leave them and go back to a tire guage, but very few want to do that after being able to easily check tire pressure in all 4.

My first car when I started driving in 1970, was a 1954 Ford flathead 8, then a Dodge Royal with the push button auto and the high output hemi. They were the Shizzel at the time, but I wouldn't want to go back to that technology now. Nor go back to the time when 100,000 miles meant a car was completely done and time for a new one.

I like the new vehicles. The 2021 2500 is a long step up from my 1996 2500 V10. New one doesn't do much of anything better, but it is sure a whole lot plusher to drive.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Do you have access to a scantool that can read all the modules in the truck? I would bet there is a code in the TPMS module that will point you in the right direction to fix. But as noted above, its most likely a sensor battery going dead.

This is a fantastic scantool for the price that had close to dealer level functionality:
Its an app on your phone or tablet that talks to the dongle. You do have to subscribe to the specific software but its well worth the money. I keep it in the center console of the truck.

And yeah I totally agree, I survived 20 years of driving before getting the truck with tpms. The good ol $5 tire gauge never let me down.
No scan tool but the garage I go to does ! I know he will scan the truck for me for 0$ as he does work on my RAM ! But new sensors are not too bad a cost. Benny sent me a link and I will order soon, Still recovering from the 6k$ I spent on the RAM and Buying a new car lol

Cool Link Thanks Book Marked it
I have the FIXD Thing that hooks up to a App.. Never tried it on the RAM just the car I traded ! Forgot about it lol will give it a shot as well !
It does have many limitations https://www.fixd.com/home2/1-0?sour..._id=&msclkid=92a1ea74a2451dcb31b18f18051901c8

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had one do this, replaced it with a Napa one and the other 3 have never acted up. I am at 161k.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
It went out again last night ! So I will order 4 new ones as they are all from 2015 !
I'll check with the garage tomorrow after I drop off my grandson !
I was going to wait till time for oil change but it would drive me nuts to see that ------ on the screen lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
So far all sensors are doing their thing :)
The problem this time is the passenger side keeps leaking air !
Not the normal low temp drop of presser but 5 to 7 psi !
Went to shop to set a appointment and the took me in right away so pretty cool!
They cleaned the beads on the tires and so far so good so will see !
A dirty bead is not uncommon !