What are BSW tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alfonzo409

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
just ordered my Laramie! It will come with the 285/45 r22 xl BSW all season tires on the 22” polished painted wheels. What kind of tire is this? I am wanting to have an idea of what they look like and if a larger tire can be put on without a lift.

Thanks for any response

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
just ordered my Laramie! It will come with the 285/45 r22 xl BSW all season tires on the 22” polished painted wheels. What kind of tire is this? I am wanting to have an idea of what they look like and if a larger tire can be put on without a lift.

Thanks for any response
Black Side Wall

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
BSW = Black Side Wall

You've got the size listed above and you can go a bit taller if you want. Sometimes taller and wider won't work without at least a level kit installed. I'd suggest looking at 2 or 3 or 4 different tire sizes for comparison purposes.

I like this website for comparing tire sizes side by side:

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

As far as what brand tire is coming on your truck can vary. I've seen Bridgestone Dueler H/L, Nexian Guardians and Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires on new trucks in the lots.

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
BSW = Black Side Wall

You've got the size listed above and you can go a bit taller if you want. Sometimes taller and wider won't work without at least a level kit installed. I'd suggest looking at 2 or 3 or 4 different tire sizes for comparison purposes.

I like this website for comparing tire sizes side by side:

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

As far as what brand tire is coming on your truck can vary. I've seen Bridgestone Dueler H/L, Nexian Guardians and Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires on new trucks in the lots.
When I bought my 2019 they were mainly Falken

OP
OP
A

Alfonzo409

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Ok thanks for the responses. That helps

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I bought my 2019 they were mainly Falken

I can see that happening as well. They will purchase whatever is the best price that meets minimum spec for the truck's load carrying capacity.