What comes after steps? 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mzs22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Looks good ! I'm trying to decide between these and N fab podiums.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Truck looks great with those steps. I had them on my previous truck. Just know they are prone to surface rust, especially in the area where the steps meet the bar. Since you're in Florida you may not have the same issue with that though. I live where they use de-icing chemicals on the roads during winter. And those chemicals can mess a lot of things up.

As far as order, for me it's whatever I want the most comes first. And so on. Of course finances play into that too. Your desired mods can impact the order that you might want to do things as well. Since we don't know your goals/plans for this truck we really can't give any input on that.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Steps
Leveling kit
wheels and tires
window tint
head lights
bumpers
aux fog lights
Look at trading in for a power wagon....

it all comes down to what you want your truck to look like. no wrong or right its your truck make it your own and never try to please anyone even your wife.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Steps
Leveling kit
wheels and tires
window tint
head lights
bumpers
aux fog lights

it all comes down to what you want your truck to look like. no wrong or right its your truck make it your own and never try to please anyone even your wife.
My only objection to the wifey comment: Happy Wife, Happy Life... lol ...

U could upgrade the interior lighting to LED if you have incandescent, can do all bulbs for like $20.00, depending upon trim level.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My only objection to the wifey comment: Happy Wife, Happy Life... lol ...

U could upgrade the interior lighting to LED if you have incandescent, can do all bulbs for like $20.00, depending upon trim level.

i was given a 30day notice to have steps installed or i had to take my truck back!!! so i got amp steps and she loves them lmao.(wife is 5'4'')

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If that isn't the best excuse I've ever heard to drop $$ on amp steps then IDK what is!

Dude no joke on the 30day notice.. amp step were my choice but she loves them! we also have a 1 year old so 5'4'' and trying to get a car seat in is rough

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cam Swap, Do your cake decorating after !

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i was given a 30day notice to have steps installed or i had to take my truck back!!! so i got amp steps and she loves them lmao.(wife is 5'4'')
My wife was 5' 1". But she never saw my last 2 trucks, lost her in 2016.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My wife was 5' 1". But she never saw my last 2 trucks, lost her in 2016.
Condolences on your loss TB! I can only imagine how devastating that would be. I nearly lost mine to covid pnemonia last month. Fortunately she is on the mend now after 10 days in the ICU.

OP
OP
M

mhass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Steps
Leveling kit
wheels and tires
window tint
head lights
bumpers
aux fog lights

Honest question: a million years ago I put tinting film on a truck and could NOT get the bubbles out. Has that material gotten easier to install cleanly?

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's easy to install bubble free...soapy water and a good squeegee is all it takes.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honest question: a million years ago I put tinting film on a truck and could NOT get the bubbles out. Has that material gotten easier to install cleanly?

I just pay to have it done you only use swear words one time and that's when you pay them lol

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just pay to have it done you only use swear words one time and that's when you pay them lol
Same here. I have no interest in attempting to do this myself. It's worth it to me to pay someone a couple Franklins to do the job right.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here. I have no interest in attempting to do this myself. It's worth it to me to pay someone a couple Franklins to do the job right.

it was $650 for all windows and windshield. i did like a 45% on the rear, 35% on the rear passenger windows, 22% on the front windows, and 56% on the windshield.
the rear window is not factory tint its stained glass so you have to account for not removing existing tint. They had my truck for a total of 1.5 hours and done it would of took me hours lmao!

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
I love my bed=eeze. Nice controlled tailgate opening.
Simple to do.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
I think the typical 1st round of easy mods for a new truck owner are window tinting, spray in bed liner, DeeZee tailgate assist, and running boards. To me, those are mandatory mods if your truck didn't come with it. 2nd round would be leveling, bigger wheels/tires, stereo upgrade (if you got the basic 6-speaker system those speakers are crap), headlights and tail lights, badging upgrade.