What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4- 3:73- 6 Speed
It’s not so much the TPMS, it’s the way that ram trucks has it set up because of the fact that you have 10 ply tires on your truck and because of where the pressures need to be in order for your truck to be able to support the loads it was designed to carry so if you’re trying to deviate too far away from what your recommended pressures is then your only option I think is to get that Alpha OBD thing so that you can change what your TPMS threshold is so you’re not causing the light to come on all the time.
If it's not the TPMS I don't know what else it could be. The TPMS is set based on max tire pressure not recommended pressures which is something else that is not right IMO. What if I change to a tire that has a max pressure less than 80? It's just another issue I don't like. That's it.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's not the TPMS I don't know what else it could be. The TPMS is set based on max tire pressure not recommended pressures which is something else that is not right IMO. What if I change to a tire that has a max pressure less than 80? It's just another issue I don't like. That's it.
I just told you, it’s how Ram has the TPMS set up on those trucks. You need to look into ways to reprogram the thresholds of your system so that it won’t be alerting you to low pressures all the time. I know you don’t like it and I’m telling you what needs to be done to correct it.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know but it's still the TPMS. You said "it's so much the TPMS". Actually it is.
No, it’s not the TPMS in the sense you’re talking about because if they had programmed it a lot more loosely for those 10-ply tires, you wouldn’t be having the light coming on as often as it does because you don’t want to run your pressures where the manufacturer recommends.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Then what is "it"?
“It” is in fact the TPMS but what you’re not getting is that it’s not the TPMS by itself that’s solely causing you the problems you’re experiencing; it’s because of where Chrysler has the threshold set on it is what’s giving you issues. That’s why I keep telling you if you would look into changing the threshold on it, you could run whatever pressure you want and not have that light coming on all the time.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's only one thing I don't like about my Ram: whatever is causing an intermittent water leak that has water dripping out of my driver's grab handle (not the other three, I've checked). The dealer has checked it out and can't find a leak anywhere, not in the 3rd brake light or the roof seal, which they checked specifically, yet it still leaks every once in a while. I live on the Washington coast where it rains 8-9 months out of the year and this only happens once in a while, but it's driving me bonkers!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Then what is "it"?
Lol. I'm semi-convinced he works for Ram to try to convince people annoyed with their trucks that It's not Rams fault. Try to remember winning an Internet argument isn't usually worth the effort. I sometimes forget too. Gotta love going to a vent thread and getting wound up further.
That is 2 or 3 times what I pay for my 2018
Not surprised. Everybody I know with private insurance pays half what I do at worst.

Lorenzo136

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
dag gum exaust leak from manifold Gasket, 2013 96k miles ,just bought used in Nov 21 , now i hear it every morning!

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Lol. I'm semi-convinced he works for Ram to try to convince people annoyed with their trucks that It's not Rams fault. Try to remember winning an Internet argument isn't usually worth the effort. I sometimes forget too. Gotta love going to a vent thread and getting wound up further.
Lol It's about proving a point that will probably never be received but figured it's worth a shot.

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
“It” is in fact the TPMS but what you’re not getting is that it’s not the TPMS by itself that’s solely causing you the problems you’re experiencing; it’s because of where Chrysler has the threshold set on it is what’s giving you issues. That’s why I keep telling you if you would look into changing the threshold on it, you could run whatever pressure you want and not have that light coming on all the time.
Thank you. You assumed I didn't get what you're saying but I did just wanted to prove your point back to you which I still don't think you see. If I had wanted to know what the issue was I would have posted in another thread not here which is why I never asked how to solve the issue I just stated what I didn't like. You took it upon yourself to make that assumption.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

LOL… I guess it would be neat to work for Ram if they paid good and if I didn’t have to work weekends since I do like their brand but just despite the general opinion of this and the other discussion, I don’t work for Ram and no, believe it or not, I’m not annoyed at the things that people don’t like about their trucks. I do still find it comical when somebody wants their truck to have certain things but end up buying a truck that doesn’t have said certain things and then turn around and complain about their truck not having what they wanted but I guess pretty much what I don’t like and what I find annoying is the increasingly amount of goofy things people complain about. I guess there’s just too many whiners these days which is what I really have an issue with and the kind of stuff that people will whine about.

And yes, I know this thread and the other one just like it pretty much opens the door wide open to come on in, have a seat and just tell us all about whatever you want concerning what you don’t like about your Ram no matter how silly or how petty it may be. If that bothers some of y’all then figure out a way to deal with it because this is a public forum and this new is how public for forums operate.

CoachBJS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
No bluetooth connection for my phone.
I can answer incoming calls only when truck decides to connect to phone.

John-Dennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not like the fact that the AC automatically switches to outside air and sucks exhaust fumes into the cab.

CoachBJS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The U Connect blows it's a piece of s*** IMO, guessing mine got made on a hungover Monday

I still love my truck though wouldn't trade it for nothin as long as its driving down the road!
Mine does the same damn thing.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol It's about proving a point that will probably never be received but figured it's worth a shot.
Hey, I can’t help it that you’re sounding like you’re trying to make like it’s solely and completely the fault to the TPMS when I’ve already told you numerous times that if Ram would change their programming on it and since they’re not, you could change the programming yourself and then your TPMS would no longer be an issue but I guess that’s neither here nor there now.

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hey, I can’t help it that you’re sounding like you’re trying to make like it’s solely and completely the fault to the TPMS when I’ve already told you numerous times that if Ram would change their programming on it and since they’re not, you could change the programming yourself and then your TPMS would no longer be an issue but I guess that’s neither here nor there now.
See what I mean...

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you. You assumed I didn't get what you're saying but I did just wanted to prove your point back to you which I still don't think you see. If I had wanted to know what the issue was I would have posted in another thread not here which is why I never asked how to solve the issue I just stated what I didn't like. You took it upon yourself to make that assumption.
I apologize then, it just didn’t seem like you did get what I was saying when it seemed to me as though you thought it was within your TPMS when it’s how the manufacturer has it programmed. And I know you didn’t ask for my help but just despite the general opinion of my reposes here, I do like to offer my assistance and try to help people out with the things they don’t like. A lot of people I have helped when they figure out things like how it’s easy to get around the AutoPark feature in these trucks for example. I can’t help it that for some reason it’s like some people don’t want help, they just want to complain so put yourself in my shoes to see how that looks to me lol.

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
I apologize then, it just didn’t seem like you did get what I was saying when it seemed to me as though you thought it was within your TPMS when it’s how the manufacturer has it programmed. And I know you didn’t ask for my help but just despite the general opinion of my reposes here, I do like to offer my assistance and try to help people out with the things they don’t like. A lot of people I have helped when they figure out things like how it’s easy to get around the AutoPark feature in these trucks for example. I can’t help it that for some reason it’s like some people don’t want help, they just want to complain so put yourself in my shoes to see how that looks to me lol.
Thank you sir all good :cheers: I am hesitant to post in this section because it can be perceived as whining and it is but this is the reason for the thread.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
LOL… I guess it would be neat to work for Ram if they paid good and if I didn’t have to work weekends since I do like their brand but just despite the general opinion of this and the other discussion, I don’t work for Ram and no, believe it or not, I’m not annoyed at the things that people don’t like about their trucks. I do still find it comical when somebody wants their truck to have certain things but end up buying a truck that doesn’t have said certain things and then turn around and complain about their truck not having what they wanted but I guess pretty much what I don’t like and what I find annoying is the increasingly amount of goofy things people complain about. I guess there’s just too many whiners these days which is what I really have an issue with and the kind of stuff that people will whine about.

And yes, I know this thread and the other one just like it pretty much opens the door wide open to come on in, have a seat and just tell us all about whatever you want concerning what you don’t like about your Ram no matter how silly or how petty it may be. If that bothers some of y’all then figure out a way to deal with it because this is a public forum and this new is how public for forums operate.
I hear ya. You work for stellantis now.:bleh: