What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
All they would have had to do is angle the filler neck out towards the opening more. I have the same gripe, it is way more difficult than it needs to be to fill up without marking up your paint with the pump handle.
I think the angle has something to do with accompanying the Ramboxes. Even if you don't have them I believe it's the same filler neck and steep angle.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

BackCountryAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab & 6.4' bed
Engine
The tailgate.

Probably mentioned before, but every time it's colder than -20F the tailgate won't latch. Did this on my 2010 and still does it on my 2017. You'd think they'd have come up with a better grease by now. Last truck I sprayed the **** out of the latch mechanism with Triflow and that would work temporarily. Guess the new truck will need the same treatment unless someone knows something that works permanently.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I kind of wish my '16 sport had Ramboxes

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Tail gate assist needed and Headlight are not very swift for HID

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I really don’t have a complaint, well maybe one. Wish the air suspension was faster inflating/deflating. Can almost take a nap waiting for it! Otherwise I’m good, no such thing as the perfect truck but this one is way closer compared to some I’ve had!

Edit: just remembered the damn tow mirrors, I’ve actually come to really dislike those!

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I see alot of guys dont like thete tow mirrors.
think someone should trade for mine and we would both be happy..lol

power, heat only.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see alot of guys dont like thete tow mirrors.
think someone should trade for mine and we would both be happy..lol

power, heat only.
I like my tow mirrors, but I have to keep them in cornholio mode.... "I eat teepee from my ********".... if you are under 25, you may need to google that....

Once vertical, they show me everything. Horizontal, they leave quite a bit to be desired.

Tapatalked from my expensive "smart" phone.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I ran them down on my last truck most times but being able to put them up and see better with a trailer was great.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Edit: just remembered the damn tow mirrors, I’ve actually come to really dislike those!

Why don’t you like the tow mirrors? I had a RAM rental while mine was in the shop last week, it didn’t have tow mirrors and missed mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The split mirrors, giant arms and no power folding. That pretty much covers it. Who knows, maybe I’ll grow into them. It’s only been a couple months.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really like my Truck and the last 4 Rams owned. Like the tow mirrors. On a 14 would have been nice to have the blind spot light in the mirror and electric fold for the car wash would have been nice too....LOL.

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tail gate assist needed and Headlight are not very swift for HID

Tail gate assist would have been nice. I added the DeeZee tailgate assist that lowers the gate nice and slow. It was a great add on and was only about $30.

Headlights suck, but they are NOT HID's! You have a Laramie so you have the projector lights but they are still halogen. I haven't done it yet but everyone says upgrading to HID's with the projectors makes a HUGE difference. You may want to consider that upgrade.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tail gate assist would have been nice. I added the DeeZee tailgate assist that lowers the gate nice and slow. It was a great add on and was only about $30.

Headlights suck, but they are NOT HID's! You have a Laramie so you have the projector lights but they are still halogen. I haven't done it yet but everyone says upgrading to HID's with the projectors makes a HUGE difference. You may want to consider that upgrade.

I agree I thought about the tailgate assist.....The Projectors are okay....The 2018 392 Charger has killer headlights! Since I have it almost paid for and its a 14....maybe its time to just get a Laramie Sport with a 6.4 if the 6.4 option still exist for the 1500 like it did in 14.

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
2016 Rebel.

Slow air suspension that takes forever to raise and lower, get's finicky when covered with ice and snow (can't find position) and also won't move when parked on uneven off-road surfaced.

The rotary knob shifter is a terrible idea. Need the ability to control what gear I'm on, in some other way besides the two little buttons on the steering wheel. Needs and auto-stick or paddle shifters. Heck, I'd even take a control panel with the numbers 1-through-8 on them.

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dislikes:

oem projectors are not real HID's. They suck

No tailgate assist..... hate gates that slam down.

Too many rams on the road. I love mine, but dont feel that special since i see the rams everywhere now :)

luckily for us... well, in a few years when I can afford a used one.. they seem to have fixed these issues in 19

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alarm system

I sure wish there were some way to use the door key to unlock the truck without setting off the horn alarm. On my truck you have to unlock with the fob or the horn alarm is going to blow. If you don't have the fob on you, you can't turn it off!

My car has the unlock when you grab the handle and the lock by touching top of handle. I can't count the times I have walked up and grabbed the handle on the truck and... then fish the remote out of my pocket! I just wish I had opted for more options. the 5' crib i have on mine. I did not know how much I would miss the 6.4 bed.

lakingslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That my push button on the door for the keyless entry doesn't always work. Sometimes it just locks the tailgate and rambox's. Then I gotta push it like 5 more times. Anyone have that issue?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mine does that too. ****** me off! Also the truck will not sound when unlocking as sometimes I touch the lock button on the door handle and it locks and then I remove my finger from the button walking away and it unlocks. I always have to double check it's locked. By BMW alerts when unlocking and locking on the handle. Why can't this one?

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a list but the top is the gear shifter. I am contemplating a 2500 over my current 1500 to get rid of the turn knob

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I have a list but the top is the gear shifter. I am contemplating a 2500 over my current 1500 to get rid of the turn knob

Same here...I despise that stupid turn knob.

I'll say that I despise the headlights...my god, how a company can put something that pathetic on a modern vehicle is beyond me. I thought the "projectors" on my '14 black express were bad...that's before I had to live with the standard headlights on my '17 Big Horn...holy crap, they're bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500