What heat temp comes out the vents ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thought my heater core was bad but been burping air from system and now my heat temps coming from the vents are at 102°F. I loosened the pipe plug at the water pump and added coolant until it flowed steady. Then i have been running the engine to get temps up to normal and with the truck on ramps i leave the radiator cap off until it cools down and add coolant and repeat. Sound about right way to burp these trucks ? What is the normal temps at the vents supposed to be at ?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get 145f out my vents replaced heater core 2 yrs ago you may want to try CLR in your heater core as a last ditch effort for some reason the orig cores clog not sure if they just fall apart from inside or what.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get 145f out my vents replaced heater core 2 yrs ago you may want to try CLR in your heater core as a last ditch effort for some reason the orig cores clog not sure if they just fall apart from inside or what.
Back in the fall I Flushed the core and changed water pump which had a small leak and fresh coolant. No sediment came out when i flushed the core and flowed good out both hoses. I added RMI-25 and overflow tank is clean as well. Just burped again and added coolant and its up to 110°

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
What is your engine temp running at? Put in on floor and see if there's an appreciable difference between the driver and pass side temps, if so, more than likely heater core.