What is the part on the gas tank that is next to the fuel pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael long

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I replaced the fuel pump on my 2003 4.7 crew cab. However, while lowering the gas tank, the white component next to the fuel pump broke. It has a black line that goes to the fuel filler neck. I have not been able to get a part number for this part. For now, I glued the part on with epoxy resin, but I get a check engine light. This component is the one closest to the rear of the truck.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I replaced the fuel pump on my 2003 4.7 crew cab. However, while lowering the gas tank, the white component next to the fuel pump broke. It has a black line that goes to the fuel filler neck. I have not been able to get a part number for this part. For now, I glued the part on with epoxy resin, but I get a check engine light. This component is the one closest to the rear of the truck.
Evap canister? Take a pic and post it so we can help.

OP
OP
M

michael long

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately, I would have to lower the gas tank to take a picture of the part. It slides into the fuel tank like the fuel pump does, but is slightly smaller in diameter.

OP
OP
M

michael long

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

It is the part to the right of the fuel pump visible at 1:39 in the video. It is white and has a black hose attached to it. Would this be the rollover valve? Thanks.