What makes a Warlock so different?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rogues Gambit

As I posted in Exterior (What did the deer do), my trucks being worked on, so I got a loaner, a stripper warlock

Oh snap crackle and pop, it's definitely more nimble and agile, definitely smaller too and doesn't have a moon roof, also surprisingly like that it's lower (or so it seems)

Is it the tires, and ride height, or does it have a LSD instead of a locker as well?

IMG_20200213_173321.jpg

IMG_20200213_174134.jpg

IMG_20200213_173309.jpg

Pittsttop

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock Quad Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Feels like a smaller truck to me also, though per specifications it's a 4th gen and has a 1 inch lift. I am enjoying the ride and handling compared my 2010 6 inch lifted Tundra. Curious how well it's going to handle off road. I owned a 2005 1500 Daytona RC gomango and it was excellent. The Warlock is a cheaper version of the Rebel in my case by $15k. Do you think the Warlock is worth it?

kmrtnsn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All the Warlocks out here are 2WD. My wife has a loaded Rebel and the Warlock is significantly "decontented" by comparison. My 2019 SLT 4x4 came with the 5" LCD dash and 8.4 U-Connect. For a parts bin end of production I don't think they represent a great value. Also, the 4X4 has the modest lift, not the 2WD. The P275/60R20s account for the handling.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
A warlock is just a package for the 2019 RAM classic. It takes some of the Rebel exterior parts and adds them to create a unique truck.

Most of the ones I have seen haven't even had the decal.

There is no locker in the 4th Gen, but I also do not believe the warlock comes standard with an anti-spin.

It is kinda like the Express package on a tradesman...something to give a better look to an lower priced package.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Off-road chops and style for miles. The Ram 1500 Classic Warlock gives weekend warriors aggressive capability and exterior style with a new front end design, black tow hooks, black powder-coated bumpers and a 1-inch suspension lift (4x4 models only). Available in nine exterior colors.

Aggressive Front End Design

The Ram 1500 Classic Warlock emits a mighty stance. A revised front end design and available distinctive Sport hood with decal give Warlock a commanding presence.

Fender Flares

Grit is in the details. Fender flares amp up the sporty appearance and accentuate the 20-inch black aluminum wheels.

Blacked-Out Exterior Accents

Make a lasting impression. Black badging and exterior accents provide strikingly bold exterior style.

This is what RAM has to say about it

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
I had the impression they were 4th gen rebels without any fancy rebel suspension, just standard suspension. But the look of a rebel

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Love the looks of the Warlock. It drives smaller and is really smooth. Love the lift and the fender flares. I have the 5" screen. Don't need anything fancy and all the gadgets. I keep my trucks for 10+ years.

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

Thanks guys and while I didn't see it, 4lock or 4hi

Yeah, can't believe how small it is, just needs a stick now

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

Actually, while I couldn't compare the widths, they seemed about the same size.

Guessing while I can't really make up for the weight difference, I could switch out the tires for street ones and also get stupid and consider replacing the locker with an LSD, though if anything, two sets of tires would be a better idea

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

It's like the trail mix of nuts, leftover pieces from other trim/model assembly that fell onto the floor and they threw them all together into a package called the Warlock.

Only shame is it's not more in your face with badging to remind you

WoW my old main was a lock, so the name's a little sentimental to me

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I am very confused by you saying it is smaller.

Compared to what?

You saying it is smaller than a 2019 Rebel in the cab...well, yeah, the cab is 4 inches bigger.

You saying it sits lower than a 2019 Rebel. Just by the difference in tires.

Narrower than a 2019 Rebel...that would be minimal at best.

Or, I just misread and you were comparing it to something else

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The Warlock is basically a 4th gen Big Horn base model with Rebel skin and a 1 inch lift (4x4 only). It's the same exact size as any other 4th gen.

kmrtnsn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Compared to what?

You saying it is smaller than a 2019 Rebel in the cab...well, yeah, the cab is 4 inches bigger.

There are NO changes in dimensions.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The warlock has a shorter wheelbase than your 5th gen. That would explain the nimbler feel even if it is only 4". my 2011 felt nimbler than my 2017 around town because I have a cc standard box now instead of the quad so 8" longer wheelbase. Smaller may just be a product of the taller fenders on the 5th cutting a little visibility and of course the shorter cab length even though the 4th gen crew cab isn't exactly tight quarters.if you have a 5th gen cc standard box meaning the 6'4 one its over a 12" wheelbase difference from the warlock, which is a very noticeable difference.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
There are NO changes in dimensions.
The 2019 Rebel crew cab he has a d the 2019 classic Warlock that is his loaner are both crew cabs.

His 2019 Rebel has a 4 inch bigger cab

And the Rebel has larger tires than the Warlock and would. Then sit higher.

And the Rebel sport hood does give the affect of sitting higher than the more sloped sport hood on the Warlock

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

Compared to what?

Just driving it since yesterday, it feels like I'm driving a smaller vehicle is all, so I assume that since it's a Street Rebel, it's tires and diff that I'm noticing

Maybe it's all placebo to me, or maybe going from AT to AS tires will make a difference.

Just my two cents. Bright side, mods will be installed as it's getting fixed, which should be soon enough.

The 2019 Rebel crew cab he has a d the 2019 classic Warlock that is his loaner are both crew cabs.

His 2019 Rebel has a 4 inch bigger cab

And the Rebel has larger tires than the Warlock and would. Then sit higher.

And the Rebel sport hood does give the affect of sitting higher than the more sloped sport hood on the Warlock

Gotcha gotcha, figured that was the case. Like I said, feels like a toy.

Also on the bright side, get to ship out my rims today, just gotta finish getting them ready first