what subs fit in quad cab without lifting the seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warbat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC 4wd
Engine
Hello all,

I was a car audio installer for 6 years but I am new to Ram trucks. What subs are you guys and gals running in your quad/crew cabs under the rear seats without lifting the seats. i am not looking for anything crazy, as I have been running the same Type-R 10" since 2005. (undoubtedly the best sub I have ever owned) Im actually kind of sad that i cant find a place for it. I am not too keen on the middle seat sub box as I am afraid it will look out of place. It appears that most of the quad cab boxes I have found have around a 6.5"ish mounting depth. i would rather not go with shallow mount as they are kinda pricey and I am cheap. I am not trying to impress the 16 year old kid next to me at the stop lights, but rather just want to fill out the bottom end. I am not willing to lift the seat or do any custom fiberglass work. I got out of that field for a reason. I do not care for the sound of kicker comps and I am wondering what you all are running. I will be powering them with a alpine MRP-500. I have a couple buddies who still work at a certain big box retailer that can get me a good deal, however, I am just not sure what will fit and sound decent. In the few that I have installed, Alpine Slim type S sounded the best but i do not believe they make the slim type S anymore. Thanks for the input everyone.

Cynix

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm running a jl stealthbox housing a 10w3 off a jl 300/1 mono fits great under the rear passenger seat and sounds even better. Highly recommended

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
foxbox make a box for the truck. however if you are ging to be cheap and want to use your same subs i dont know if they will fit. Most have to make some sort of FG box to get a sub that deep to fit.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Welcome to RamForum!!

I'm running Infinity Reference 10s under the rear seats in my crewcab (the storage wells in the quads and crew cabs are the exact same size). I really like them. I built custom fiberglass enclosures because I wanted a project... and because I'm cheap :)

As far as box options there are plenty but if you do not want to make one... well... the cheap ones are just cheap. For purchase Netaudio and Foxbox both offer enclosures that will fit under the rear seat without modification. Both have large camps of happy customers but neither are what I would call cheap.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jl TW3, TW5, Skar VD series, Sundown SD series, and countless more out there but these are subs i've listened to and sound damn good for shallows. JL's are pricey as everyone knows and the skar and sundown are geared for a compromise of SQ and SPL. I have 2 skar VD10s running behind my seats of a regular cab and they stay very clean sounding until I want them to get roudy and then they will shake glass. Hope this helps.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 10" Kicker Solobaric L7 under the back seat w/o lift.

OP
OP
W

warbat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC 4wd
Engine
yikes, those boxes are no joke. I was thinking more along the lines of the under seat box from supercrewsound. I have always had good luck with them. The infinity reference is closer to the price range im looking at. My days of crazy loud audio are over.

Is anyone running the box that replaces the front middle seat? Anyone have any pictures of it?

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Probably your best bet would be a JL Audio Stealthbox as mentioned above. They come up pretty regular in the For Sale section for a good price.

RTS001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 2 10" image dynamics in a probox under the seat in a quad. Sounds excellent.

ballisticram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am running a Kenwood KFC-XW1200F. It's a shallow mount 12" Crutchfield has them for $200 but you can pick them up for $110 on ebay if you look around.

As long as you have .65 cu of air space they will sound good. Clean tight bass and they don't need a lot of power butt they will handle it.

I never liked shallow mounts myself but a buddy of mine put them in his lamborgini garllardo.

John Peterson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
You just need 16" spacers for the seats.

Honestly, I think your 2 Kickers will be fine. There's no correct answer to your question. You'll get 100 opinions -- just like "whats the best oil", "whats the best tires", etc. etc.

Article that helped me: https://4wdlife.com/best-subwoofers-for-dodge-ram-quad-cab-crew-cab. It's new one, so information is relevant.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca