What would you add to make your Ram ideal for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
Probably best not to include discussions on etorque or stop-start.

And you can post more than once and group your wants if you have many.

I would use a larger rear-view mirror, the one on the windshield. It may actually be adequate, but it looks like it belongs on a two-row SUV. I would also put a mirror on the passenger windshield to-door post that can be adjusted so the driver could see through the driver's side rear door window. It would be handy even with the blind spot on indication outside mirrors.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably best not to include discussions on etorque or stop-start.

And you can post more than once and group your wants if you have many.

I would use a larger rear-view mirror, the one on the windshield. It may actually be adequate, but it looks like it belongs on a two-row SUV. I would also put a mirror on the passenger windshield to-door post that can be adjusted so the driver could see through the driver's side rear door window. It would be handy even with the blind spot on indication outside mirrors.

Just pretend you're Italian and chuck the mirror. " The firsta rule of Italian driving isa, whatsa behind you, isa not important."

Spsully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my power wagon has everything i need,but i would add a tonneu cover and maybe a HUD.
I agree. That's why I have installed an AEM GPS speedo in my a pillar1f37c468-d79c-421f-be84-787db12a43f4photo.jpeg

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the opposite problem, mine doesn't produce enough HEAT! Enough to keep me from freezing but I'm still cold in the winter.
Steering wheel radio controls would be super...I can barely reach the dang radio.

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the opposite problem, mine doesn't produce enough HEAT! Enough to keep me from freezing but I'm still cold in the winter.
Steering wheel radio controls would be super...I can barely reach the dang radio.
From your avatar pic your truck looks like maybe a Laramie. Not sure of all trims but didn't Laramie have radio controls on the back (front?) of the steering wheel?

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I forgot about the AC. It is definitely weak. Takes too long to start working and doesn't get cold enough. I have to leave it on max and have it blow on my face.
I have to turn mine away from me half the time because it's too cold. And it gets hot here.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
From your avatar pic your truck looks like maybe a Laramie. Not sure of all trims but didn't Laramie have radio controls on the back (front?) of the steering wheel?
Mine does not, except as part of the EVIC controls.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's a Tradesman with some cosmetic (and performance) mods. Power windows and locks are the only bell and whistle lol.

OP
OP
Y

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
" The firsta rule of Italian driving isa, whatsa behind you, isa not important."

That's funny but when I do that they always honk and flip me the bird when they speed up and go past. I don't mind them flipping me off but don't like to be hollered at(horn). :) :)

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Mine's pretty dang close to ideal as is. It needs windshield tint and a couple sizes up tires and deeper gears to account for them

OP
OP
Y

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
It's pretty easy to add HUD just for Speed and Tach. Can use the OBD connector. You'd have to be able to tolerate a small box on the dash for projection. Keyless enter and go I would like also. Don't need the gun.

Although some vehicles will come with a darker windshield tint, I don't think it is factory. I think it's done somewhere during shipment. A darker windshield and front window tint are illegal in most states. My 2018 XLT had a dark windshield and front windows and it looked aftermarket. There was a thin streak along the edges where the tint ended.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's a Tradesman with some cosmetic (and performance) mods. Power windows and locks are the only bell and whistle lol.
I don't even have that, and it still has 5 times more (electronic) stuff on it that I will ever have a use for.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Man I can't think of anything to add since I already did everything I wanted. The latest yesterday was the rear step. I'm done and content.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I need a set of running boards, and a locking aluminum tonneau cover. #1 so the wife can in in without using a step stool, and #2 so I can put stuff back there without having it get 5-fingered away. After that, I really can't think of anything else I want or need.

Last edited: