What would you add to make your Ram ideal for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowchief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
add a clutch and manual transmission and remove the following- horn beeping when truck door swings shut when its running,the automatic going to park when moving truck with door open,the glitchy electronics that say the fob isn't in the truck when it is, the message that says your four wheel drive isn't available right now when hogging through deep snow,the esc along with traction control that comes back on (AFTER YOU SHUT IT OFF) because when breaking hard trail say deep snow your wheel spin speed exceeds 40mph and truck falls on its face stuck again.I hate all the lawyer and liberal government mandated nannies on theses trucks.

KC5TGQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Probably best not to include discussions on etorque or stop-start.

And you can post more than once and group your wants if you have many.

I would use a larger rear-view mirror, the one on the windshield. It may actually be adequate, but it looks like it belongs on a two-row SUV. I would also put a mirror on the passenger windshield to-door post that can be adjusted so the driver could see through the driver's side rear door window. It would be handy even with the blind spot on indication outside mirrors.
RAM needs to upgrade the Electrical system so that we can run power tools from the plug in like you can with a F-150.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I love the truck! It’s a 22 Laramie and with the exception of a wiper squeak, it’s perfect as is for dd. Well, almost.

I added a set of stainless Luverne running boards, a matching topper, and even though I wanted the new progressive rear springs to handle a heavy load with less squat than my 2011 ram, it doesn’t. I am having airlift 1000 airbags installed this Friday.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see a lot of "I wish my A/C were better" posts. Maybe it's only because mine is new, but it gets really hot here - upper 90's, or better - and I have to turn my vents away from me half the time because it's to cold having the air blowing directly on me.
So I did notice something today. 12 4th gen 160k. Ac stuggles. Its not low on freon, but after adding Lubegard Kool it to the coolant this morning the a/c feels like it did 8+ years ago. Temps are down 13* as well. I will get to do further testing in a little bit.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
RAM needs to upgrade the Electrical system so that we can run power tools from the plug in like you can with a F-150.
You can get an inverter with a 115V outlet in the bed. It's only 3.4 amps, though, so you wouldn't be able to run much of a power tool.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the A/C problems are due to the stupit setup of the variable speed engine fan. When idling, with the A/C on, my fan is barely moving any air. This is with all shutters but the top, bottom, and middle, removed.

That, and no way to adjust fan operation on these trucks withing going through a nightmare.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Upgrade my low end sound system. Should have a while ago.

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I forgot about the AC. It is definitely weak. Takes too long to start working and doesn't get cold enough. I have to leave it on max and have it blow on my face.
Its not that its not cold enough, its that theres way too much space in the cab to cool off in relation to heat soaking in through windows. Probably wouldnt be a bad idea to get a window visor and put it up when you're out and about

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi

I want one of these, for the Truck and the Boat.
Anyone with a brain knows you take the dog. But he is young yet.
I like mine as is, thou I could lose the sunroof, never understood them.
My AC is plenty cold for me. At my age , lowered a bit would be nice, 50 more FREE HP would work, not that I need it.

Last edited:

G/T jonny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
User selectable interior lighting colors and running board lighting.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
A pleasant sounding set of horns, Beep Beep
A real telescoping/tilting steering column

a pleasant, agreeable woman that knows how to read the Navigation

I don't know if it makes a difference, but my passenger side HVAC vents are closed off, no one but me in the Ram.
So far, i've been comfortable

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Not so much an add as a move. Move the garage door controls back to the overhead console like they were in my 2017. Heading due west approaching the house today and had to raise the visor and blind myself just to hit the door opener button. Do not understand why they moved them from the center overhead console.

KC5TGQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
You can get an inverter with a 115V outlet in the bed. It's only 3.4 amps, though, so you wouldn't be able to run much of a power tool.
I have the pitiful outlets in my ramboxes and inside the cab. They wont run anything of value.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
A pleasant sounding set of horns, Beep Beep
A real telescoping/tilting steering column

a pleasant, agreeable woman that knows how to read the Navigation

I don't know if it makes a difference, but my passenger side HVAC vents are closed off, no one but me in the Ram.
So far, i've been comfortable
Agreed on the horns, they're terrible. I plan to upgrade mine to some PIAAs if they'll work. Haven't even looked to see if they're still a traditional hookup or some weird BCM BS

WSix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Polished stainless running boards/steps that are wide enough to use when exiting the truck….

Jblbal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife takes a blanket when we travel long distances. I crank mine down to the point you can hang meat in the truck. Helps me stay alert. Certainly not weak in my truck, especially if you turn on the supplmental ball-n-cheek coolers...
A WOMAN THAT CANT TALK

JF19Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
2019 Longhorn Etrq Hemi 3.92s ORP

I'd add the following:

- a infotainment system that actually works like it's supposed to
- full screen Android Auto
- console shifter
- about 500lbs more legal payload, without losing the decent ride