What to offer for a 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
suicideking

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7, 4X4, Sport and Tow packages.
I bought my 23 in September. Laramie sport $77,000 sticker. I bought it for $63,000. I offered him $60,000 to begin with. Of course, your mileage may vary.
Start low see where you go. I’ve never gotten emotionally attached to these things. I’m on my 47th truck and I’m only 61 years old. I used to buy them and wear them out due to economic conditions. They’re one of the few true deductions that I can get a good deal on now. I keep them for anywhere from six months to five years.

I’m in General construction, I’ve learned that arguing with a building inspector is like wrestling with a pig. After a while you realize the pig likes it.

When it comes to car dealers, I’ve learned that you can’t insult them. I very nice and very respectful but I always believe that there’s much much more room for them to deal with.

I’m not sure when the twenty fives are coming out but I do know that this is the first quarter of 24. And in the past 23s would be deeply discounted.

Good luck! Keep us informed of your journey!

Looks like I'm waiting until near the end of '24 now. So hopefully there will still be some BTS available. I'm keeping track of the inventory lol. Hopefully find one close by, but will buy one up to 12 hours away if I need to.

From what I've read, the '25 will be coming out early, within the next month or so. Hopefully car sales continue to be slow and there will be plenty of '24's left when I'm ready. The new engine has potential, but I like to avoid first year models. Plus, just really want the 5.7 since it will be the last time it's readily available.

Billf6531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0 V6
I've bought two Ram Ecodiesels, a Ford F150, and a GMC Sierra, all new previous year's models at 70% of MSRP out-the-door - cash deals. Both Ram dealers rejected the offers but called a day or two later to accept the offer. The Ford dealer took two months. Be patient. It's your money.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
If in this situation, I find two dealers that have the relatively same item. I go to one and lowball the bejeebers out of them. Stick to your guns and let them do their dance. When they come back at you with a "final offer", walk. If they call you within 24hrs and offer to sell it for your offer, you won. If they don't you still won....Because now you can translate their final offer into a percentage, and you then go to the second dealer and lowball them, but realize that they can come to a price that is relative to the percentage the first dealer offered. And FYI - Fizuckle the dealer loyalty BS people will shade you with. Your only loyalties are to your checkbook.
VERY VERY sage advice here. Not just in vehicle buying...but any BIG purchase......If you don't find what you want now...In the land of plenty another will be along shortly.

OP
OP
suicideking

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If in this situation, I find two dealers that have the relatively same item. I go to one and lowball the bejeebers out of them. Stick to your guns and let them do their dance. When they come back at you with a "final offer", walk. If they call you within 24hrs and offer to sell it for your offer, you won. If they don't you still won....Because now you can translate their final offer into a percentage, and you then go to the second dealer and lowball them, but realize that they can come to a price that is relative to the percentage the first dealer offered. And FYI - Fizuckle the dealer loyalty BS people will shade you with. Your only loyalties are to your checkbook, because that's where the dealer loyalties lie.

This sounds like a good plan. Especially since I'm interested in the BTS which has the exact same MSRP at every dealer. Hopefully there will still be some that are somewhat local around the end of the year.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
"I’m in General construction, I’ve learned that arguing with a building inspector is like wrestling with a pig. After a while you realize the pig likes it."
No truer words were spoken. Salespeople seem to revel in this obnoxious process.

Some sales people believe closing a deal too quickly a sales manager would look at that and feel they weren't doing a good job. I've heard some say I'd be surprised how many people will tire and just give up and sign the dotted line, just to get it over with.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 107459 miles.

regulator54

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT Plus, Crew Cab 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
23s are being advertised here for 20% off MSRP. I had my sales rep offer me a loaded SLT at 22% discount last month when they were advertised at 15%. Getting one at 25% right now should be doable.

OP
OP
suicideking

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
23s are being advertised here for 20% off MSRP. I had my sales rep offer me a loaded SLT at 22% discount last month when they were advertised at 15%. Getting one at 25% right now should be doable.

Trying to keep my wife happy and wait a few months. Though told the dealer with the blue one to let me know if it drops any, '23 clearance, etc. He did tell me it's on their back/storage lot so nobody will see it there lol. I keep checking it every few days. Both of the trucks I listed still show 10%.

coblann1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Picked up a 2023 Laramie 4X4 out the door tax, title, and tags with a few extra add ons (trailer hitch, spay-bed liner, brake controller, and a few other extras) for 61,500. Thought I got a pretty good deal but sounds like I should have fought a little harder!!!

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Picked up a 2023 Laramie 4X4 out the door tax, title, and tags with a few extra add ons (trailer hitch, spay-bed liner, brake controller, and a few other extras) for 61,500. Thought I got a pretty good deal but sounds like I should have fought a little harder!!!
Only thing that matters is if you are happy with the truck and the deal!! Some will get better deals, some will get worse. Only matters if you are happy with YOUR deal!!

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look up the trade in or actual cash value on a 2023 equipped like the ones you are looking at with a 1000 miles.get as close to that as you can.because that's what is really worth.it just depends. I've seen dealers with 3 year old chassis cabs still on the lots.and i watched a 23 classic set on the lot for 8 months and the price must have went up and down 10 times before it sold.and the best truck I ever had or got a deal on was a left over 16 tradesman hemi quad 4x4 I bought on the last day of the month.paid 27000 for it kept it two years and got 26000 trade in for it.i think sticker was 40 or 42

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
+1 for using the locator button on the website. That's how I found my 2023 2500 Mega Cab. I could find 100s nationwide with diesels; only found 17 that met my needs, and only 4 that checked every box. One in TX was sold the day after I called and started working my deal with getting it shipped. There was one in Florida and one in MD completely identical except one was black (FL; in my sig) and one was white (MD). The one in MD was $10k higher. The dealership in FL and I came to terms and they shipped it to me.

OP
OP
suicideking

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ended up buying one yesterday. A few of the dealers had the '23's marked down by 20% so decided to get one before they're all gone.

Regarding prices, out of the dealers I went to, not a single one would come down on the price at all. I tried for $2000, $1000, $500, not a penny below the 20%. When talking on the phone to an Internet sales lady, I asked her if they would come down on the price. She told me straight up, I can try, but she's never seen them allow any further discounts.

My advice to anyone shopping, is call the dealer first and ask them if there are any dealer add ons. The first one I looked at was the same price as the one I bought (roughly), but they had about $6K of add ons, only a $1200 add could be removed. The rest could not be removed and they wouldn't lower the prices. So left there pretty pissed off. Found the one I bought and called the dealer. He did promise me they don't play the 'add on game'. I was in and out of there pretty quickly and was very happy with them.

So I get why dealers try to throw in the add ons, but my god, over $6K of garbage I don't want? I wonder how many people walk out angry. Furthermore, if you're going to force add ons, AT LEAST make ONE of them a bed liner of some sort.

There was another one I was looking at online, but it was slightly higher priced due to a sun roof and a few other things that I wouldn't really mind. Call them up, their add on was the electric running boards for $2500. So fine, something I might like. But still moved it from just outside my budget, to clearly over what I was willing to spend. Might have gotten that one if they didn't do the running boards.

All in all, happy with what I got. 2023 Big Horn, Sport and trailer package, heated seats, 8" radio screen. Hope to have it for at least 10 years. Love the sound and feel of the 5.7.

Ram1500.jpg

Ram1500b.jpg

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Ended up buying one yesterday. A few of the dealers had the '23's marked down by 20% so decided to get one before they're all gone.

Regarding prices, out of the dealers I went to, not a single one would come down on the price at all. I tried for $2000, $1000, $500, not a penny below the 20%. When talking on the phone to an Internet sales lady, I asked her if they would come down on the price. She told me straight up, I can try, but she's never seen them allow any further discounts.

My advice to anyone shopping, is call the dealer first and ask them if there are any dealer add ons. The first one I looked at was the same price as the one I bought (roughly), but they had about $6K of add ons, only a $1200 add could be removed. The rest could not be removed and they wouldn't lower the prices. So left there pretty pissed off. Found the one I bought and called the dealer. He did promise me they don't play the 'add on game'. I was in and out of there pretty quickly and was very happy with them.

So I get why dealers try to throw in the add ons, but my god, over $6K of garbage I don't want? I wonder how many people walk out angry. Furthermore, if you're going to force add ons, AT LEAST make ONE of them a bed liner of some sort.

There was another one I was looking at online, but it was slightly higher priced due to a sun roof and a few other things that I wouldn't really mind. Call them up, their add on was the electric running boards for $2500. So fine, something I might like. But still moved it from just outside my budget, to clearly over what I was willing to spend. Might have gotten that one if they didn't do the running boards.

All in all, happy with what I got. 2023 Big Horn, Sport and trailer package, heated seats, 8" radio screen. Hope to have it for at least 10 years. Love the sound and feel of the 5.7.

View attachment 540072

View attachment 540073
$2500 for those OEM steps installed i suppose isn't terrible but you can get AMP brand which are nicer in my opinion and they're actually fun to install in my honest opinion. Don't ever purchase add-ons from a dealer. Funny thing is they usually contract out window tint and spray-in liners and take a cut for convenience. Personally, i like the look of the electric steps however they offer no door-ding protection from cars in a parking lot. I'd so much rather someone hit running boards than my doors.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Congrats! Nice looking truck.

As for the add-ons it is illegal to make you pay for them (even if they already installed them). This violates federal (Sherman Anti-Trust Act) and state anti-trust laws which state that you can't make someone purchase a product on the premise that they have to purchase specific goods or services (aka dealer add-ons).

They will usually push back if you question it by saying that "it's already on the vehicle" but that's just a tactic. They are only doing what they are trained/told to do so they might not even know that it's illegal.

I just bought a couple of vehicles a month ago and was faced with the same thing. After a couple of back-and-forths I told the salesperson that I am more than happy to discuss the illegal practice with the sales manager and pursue this in court. They "discounted" the cost of the add-ons from the vehicle price to show that I purchased them. I told them whatever they want to do with their paperwork as long as it's the correct dollar amount on the bottom line. Seriously, $450 for the NitroFill program??!?!?!

brian42

Military
Reaction score
...i like the look of the electric steps however they offer no door-ding protection from cars in a parking lot. I'd so much rather someone hit running boards than my doors.
The OEM power boards have an option to leave them extended to be used as door-ding protection.

GoWhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really suggest that you call John Staten and AutoNation Spring Texas. ([email protected]) They have a ton of the 1500 classic white trucks. I did a little better than the advertised price out the door, but it was for a very basic spec that they had about 12 of in the back lot. MSPR 49k OTD <37K. 1500 Crew Cab, 4x4, V6. They are selling a lot of cars out of the state, and a lot of the sales seem to be for multiple trucks. Look at stock number PN549624 - MSRP 61 - web price 45 + ttl. That's 25% off... good luck

GoWhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
The OEM power boards have an option to leave them extended to be used as door-ding protection.
I understand this but then it looks tacky when left out. No more so than the normal running boards from Ram but still I see your point. Touche

OP
OP
suicideking

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$2500 for those OEM steps installed i suppose isn't terrible but you can get AMP brand which are nicer in my opinion and they're actually fun to install in my honest opinion. Don't ever purchase add-ons from a dealer. Funny thing is they usually contract out window tint and spray-in liners and take a cut for convenience. Personally, i like the look of the electric steps however they offer no door-ding protection from cars in a parking lot. I'd so much rather someone hit running boards than my doors.

Agree with this 100%. It would be a nice add on, but I do prefer the ones that aren't electric for door ding protection. I'm 6' tall, so don't really NEED running boards. Still want them for some minor side protection. Plus, my 10yo son is short and I'm sure he would like a step.

Wanted the BTS which has the black OEM running boards. Though that one was about 4 hours away. Plus haven't seen the Hydro Blue color, so wasn't sure if it would be too bright for my liking. My wife definitely prefers the Granite Crystal because it doesn't stand out.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Agree with this 100%. It would be a nice add on, but I do prefer the ones that aren't electric for door ding protection. I'm 6' tall, so don't really NEED running boards. Still want them for some minor side protection. Plus, my 10yo son is short and I'm sure he would like a step.

Wanted the BTS which has the black OEM running boards. Though that one was about 4 hours away. Plus haven't seen the Hydro Blue color, so wasn't sure if it would be too bright for my liking. My wife definitely prefers the Granite Crystal because it doesn't stand out.
Like Brian stated above you can leave the OEM electric boards in the out position full-time but then I kind of feel it's a waste of money to do that and almost looks funnier when those are left out. I don't like that my Longhorn has the chrome steps and i already have enough chrome but hey didn't have to pay for them so happy about it