What you pay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have a quick question to yinz all. My future brother in law had a 2001 ram sport with 111000 miles on it. The transmission is blown and he is getting it rebuilt plus the typical rust on doors and fenders. He said he is only goin to drive it for a couple years and trade it in or sell it.

Now he says as it sit it's worth $3,000 on kbb keep that in mind. Do you think it'll be worth that when he is done with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clownprince

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
trade in value on it will be $500-$1500 or so with the rust, transmission fixed or not, I only paid $2k for my 97 with 86k on it and no rust.

The value of these to the market is next to nothing, they are everywhere. i wouldn't spend too much money on it unless you are planning on keeping it for a long time. You won't ever get it back selling or trading

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree. The value in fixing the tranny is getting a truck for a couple years for the price of a tranny as long as the rest of the truck is dependable. Not gonna make any money on resale

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I agree full heartily. The problem is is that he is 19 and thinks there is more value in the truck then there is. I will say the only rust that is on it is the fenders wells and doors but other than that it's a solid truck. I would use it as a run around for me and if I could interchange any parts I would.

I myself have 2002 with the new body style and 5.9. I love the truck and will never get rid of it because it is very reliable and I know I won't get anything out of it on trade in or by selling it. I have almost 160,000 and she is still runnin strong.