Wheels on stock suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkunstman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate to be that guy with a wheel and tire question but Ive searched all over and cant find the info I need and I dont wanna spend thousands of dollars and have my wheels rubbing.

I'm planing on doing either a 18x9 wheel with zero offset and a 285/65/18 nitto terra grappler or a 17x9 -12 offset wheel with a 285/70/17 nitto terra grappler.

My truck is a 2012 completely stock quad cab express 4x4 and I dont really want to do a level because I tow a large trailer alot and dont want the truck sitting nose high while hooked up to the trailer.

I know ill clear the control arms but my concern is that with the slightly wider than stock tire and the wheel offset that I could rub the outside of the tire on the back of the front fender (closest to the door) while turning? I know i'm probably worrying for nothing but id like to be reassured before i get buy the wheels and tires?

Is anyone running a setup close to this that can confirm I wont rub? Everything I searched for seemed to be closely sized tires but everyone has their trucks leveled so thats why i posted to see about a truck with stock suspension.

Thanks for all the help!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
You will be fine with either if those setups