Which Fender Flares Should I Buy for my '15 Ram Express?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had the oem flares put on my ‘11 Sport 3 years ago; i love the look, but this week i brought the truck into the body shop to fix (what I thought) were two little rust spots at the bottom of each front fender, down behind the front wheels. When they removed the flares, the fenders were completely rusted out behind the flares. They said they rusted from the inside out, but said no doubt the flares trapped moisture. They said any flares will do this. I was suspicious but had no choice but get 2 new fenders- reinstalling the flares would just cover up the problem. Should get it back tomorrow or Monday .

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
To the original poster, I too like the smooth look of the flares instead of the 'riveted' look. You will appreciate the flares (if wide enough to cover your tread) and how they will help keep road grime from being splashed up the side of your truck. I also found that when I later added my mud flaps, that also helped to prevent road splash up the side of the truck.

I live in the Carson/Tahoe/Reno area of the Sierra Nevada Mtns and I have to deal with winter snow storms. I bought the OEM mud flaps and am happy over all with helping to keep road splash down; however, I now wish I would have gone with a mud flap that was flat. The ones I got are molded and the side that faces towards the wheels acts like a scoop for holding snow. I think if the flaps were flat, the snow would slide off easier when than the ones molded like a scoop.

20191103_120756.jpg

20191103_120739.jpg

Dice

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you're right. I just looked them up with the search 2015 Ram 2500 OEM fender flares... the front flares seem to be compatible with the my 2015 Express.

I have the 2500 flares from Ebay. They fit perfect with the Sport bumper.
Now I just need it to warm up here so I can put them on.
They were less than $100, and the quality is excellent.

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tires are 33x12.5x20 and running a 1 1/2” BORA wheel spacer. Front is leveled with a 2” ReadyLift.

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fender flares = crap trap.

Just my eversohumble opinion.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m running the Bushwacker fender flares. I’m also running the gator back mud flaps as well. I have 13.5 wide wheels with 2” spacers and just cover with the flares and flaps.

DuraFlap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought IL required mud flaps that cover the entire tire, not just flares. The flares do not stop any rocks coming off the tire at the road.
Check that out before you spend the money on the splash guards.
DuraFlap custom makes the full size mud flaps to cover your offset wheels. You just have to send some measurements. You do not have to drill any holes in your truck to install them.

§ 12-710.  Rear fender splash guards.  It is unlawful for any person to operate any vehicle of the second division, except a truck tractor, to which this Section is applicable upon any highway of this State unless such vehicle is equipped with rear fender splash guards of either the contour type or the flap type which comply with the specifications provided in this Section for the type of splash guards used on the vehicle, and which are so attached as to prevent the splashing of mud or water upon the windshield of other motor vehicles.

side view 09 1500 no flares 12in wide.jpg