Which Tonneau cover would you get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRealForest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
VVT V6
This is the way to go in my opinion but price is my only issue. Looks amazing thought. Is it really water proof?

Not 100% water proof. I get a little on both sides where the tail gate meets the bed but pretty darn good. Shop round if you like these. I found a killer deal on Amazon that was hundreds off the Auto Anything beat the price by $1 with free shipping.

I like the security with it and that I don't have to do anything to open the tailgate.

Last edited:

jimsummers74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Do not buy a Bak flip for the Ram box truck. I got one (too exoensive) cause it was the only one I could find in `16. Under arm supports failed inside 6 months. PArts rattle off, despite tightening as per instructions. Leaks like crazy. Fit is bad and company /factory woudn't do anything even after I sent a video showing my problems. "Take it to the installer" they said. I live in Alaska. Dealer was in Texas. A lot of good that did.

charcoal1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It depends what you are after, bak makes some great hard covers.

I have the truxedo truxport. It's great however, if I could, I would have went with the low pro one. It can roll up and be unclipped. It also gives you more access to the top rails if needed.
I went with the Low Pro, killer cover. Would make the same choice tomorrow. 4 1/2 years and looks great. you get a little water at the tailgatseam since it sits inside the bed but not much at all.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do not buy a Bak flip for the Ram box truck. I got one (too exoensive) cause it was the only one I could find in `16. Under arm supports failed inside 6 months. PArts rattle off, despite tightening as per instructions. Leaks like crazy. Fit is bad and company /factory woudn't do anything even after I sent a video showing my problems. "Take it to the installer" they said. I live in Alaska. Dealer was in Texas. A lot of good that did.
I agree my bakflip 2 has been great for 7yrs-but I dont have the ram boxes-my friend does and he is very disappointed with the fit and leakage-especially for the $ he paid. No Rambox- no problems for me anyway.

DSC00561.JPG

CarrollB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck had a retrax on it when I bought it used. I think it had a lifetime warranty, but the warranty was not transferrable. There are two places where the polycarbonate is cracked, one crack is about 4 inches long. For $1400 I would think it should last longer than the 3 years it has been on the truck. It leaks at the tailgate. You also lose about 8-10 inches of bed space where it rolls up into.

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck with RAMBOX came factory with the tri-fold.
I want to swap it out, but you can't, because the utili-track rails are different.
The only way to swap the factory folding one, is to swap out the tracks as well, that adds quite a bit more.

hoss2695

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a roll n lock. For my 16 big horn. The base model is 1200.00 new. I kept watching Craigslist an found one for $500.00 that was taken off a rebel.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let me know if we can help. we offer many brands

Lomax
Retrax
Bakflip
TonnoPro
Truxedo
Roll N lock
Pace Edwards

AND MUCH MORE

message me for a quote

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I bought a TonnoPro in 2013 when I bought my 2013 1500. It fit great, easy to install. After about 2 years the thread started to come apart but everything was still good. No problems, just looked bad. After about 3 years the nylon loops that are on the front piece to clip it together when folded started fraying real bad. That didn't make sense as I rarely ever folded it. I put large wire ties on in place of the frayed nylon. Also, the weatherstripping started coming loose from the frame. I had to get 3M weatherstrip adhesive to reattach it. Got rid of the truck earlier this year so had the TonnoPro close to 6 years. I think I paid about $300. I'd buy one again but would like to find one a little better. Most of the issues with mine were more nuisance than anything else.

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
For my earlier 1998 Dodge RAM 1500 I also had the same ACCESS roll up soft top. I loved the ease of being able to cover my bed, and then just as quickly be able to roll it up to have access the bed, quality, strength, the aerodynamics of the top, and the good looks it helped give the truck, that I didn't think twice about getting another one for my 2011 RAM 2500.

I lived in Incline Village (north Lake Tahoe) from 2003 thru 2006 and was very impressed with the strength and quality of the tonneau cover. Many snow storms had dumped over 2-3 feet of snow at a time and the ACCESS cover never failed. There are 3 metal cross bars for support (short bed - for the long bed I think there are 4 cross bars). Many times I come outside the house to go work and it looked like I had a slide in overhead camper of snow on my truck. Now I would brush the snow off of the truck before moving - but still - some of those snow storms dumped very heavy and wet snow that was at nearly 3 feet high from the base of the cover to the top of the snow. Sadly, I don't have any photos from back then but when I bought my current rig last year, I knew what I wanted right away.

I also had a BEDRUG bedliner in my 1998 RAM and I also obtained one for my new ride as well. ACCESS has several options and I decided to go with the one that added an extra set of clamps, a bed light, a pole with a hook on one end for helping to grab items that may have slid up to the front of the bed, and lastly it came with a longer warranty.
20181222_135815.jpg
20181111_160227.jpg

Patsarge

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Diamondback. Installed a black line-Xed cover. Took about 3 weeks or so to have it built and shipped, but see why the highway patrol have it on their pickups, worth the dollars for a bullet-proof cover. Not going to get it ripped off or broken into. My 2018 Power Wagon isn't a worry with tools or fishing equipment in the back with the tailgate locked. I wish I had spent the extra money years ago on previous pickups. It is the best investment I made.

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Truxedo Truxport soft roll up cover... around $300, easy install, great to just roll up without sacrificing any bed space. I don’t leave anything worth stealing, it’s more of a protective cover if I’m carrying luggage or along those lines. Seems to keep the bed mostly dry although of course it is not completely waterproof.

I’ve got a Ram Sport CC with the 6’4 bed

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With as far forward as those Ram boxes go you will need one that opens all the way to the front. I think you may even have issue with having enough clearance on a hard cover, never mind installing the brackets. However I did see an Extang trifold in which the front section also folded back up against the cab. Again the brackets my cause a problem for you with the ram box.

kyleb8077

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Rebel
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm looking at a RetraxPro MX right now. My only concern is the rear stake pocket. I know they make one that leaves them completely usable, but I'm trying to find something that covers that rear stake pocket completely. Does your RetraxOne cover the rear pocket?
Yes. It has a frame that sits on top of the existing plastic on the top of the sides. It helps to keep water out and support the weight of whatever might be on top of the cover. You can google images of these to see how it sits. I don't have the Pro MX so it might be different.