Why Is My Remote Start Not Activating Heated Seats/ Steering Wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
deleted

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I wonder if you can adjust the outside temperature it starts with alfa. I could see wanting to change the temp if you lived somewhere where below 60 was considered cold.
Yes. Instead of connecting to the body computer, you connect to the driver seat comfort seats and wheel module. In there, you’ll find the temperature threshold adjustment settings for heated seats to come on and ventilated seats to come on.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yes. Instead of connecting to the body computer, you connect to the driver seat comfort seats and wheel module. In there, you’ll find the temperature threshold adjustment settings for heated seats to come on and ventilated seats to come on.
Interesting. Different setting through alfa or do you actually plug into a different location? I've only looked around the menus once on my old truck once.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Interesting. Different setting through alfa or do you actually plug into a different location? I've only looked around the menus once on my old truck once.
Not the physical connection location. In the alfaobd list of modules, instead of choosing body computer to connect to, you’ll choose the heated seats module.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not the physical connection location. In the alfaobd list of modules, instead of choosing body computer to connect to, you’ll choose the heated seats module.
Thanks, I'll have to take a look at that out of curiosity. I need to get in there and adjust the tire pressure warning level anyway.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Is that something the Dealership Service Dept can easily adjust?

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Is that something the Dealership Service Dept can easily adjust?
It is likely that they COULD but they almost certainly WON'T. They don't like to make modifications like that, generally speaking. If it causes a problem down the road they could be held liable, Stellantis could pull their franchise if they do it too many times, etc. etc. I could see a LOT of legal reasons why they won't.

Independent shops MIGHT be able to do it, and MIGHT be willing to do it, if you really would rather a shop do it.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
It is likely that they COULD but they almost certainly WON'T. They don't like to make modifications like that, generally speaking. If it causes a problem down the road they could be held liable, Stellantis could pull their franchise if they do it too many times, etc. etc. I could see a LOT of legal reasons why they won't.

Independent shops MIGHT be able to do it, and MIGHT be willing to do it, if you really would rather a shop do it.

Sure learned a lot by starting this thread! Thanks, all!

Last edited:

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The heated seat comes on at 40* F on the Ram and Her Jeep. If it's not below 30 degrees outside, she turns off the seat heater... and you want it at 60? o_O

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
No. My response meant that they can not do it at all. The diagnostic tool that the dealership uses does not give them the capability at all to change this.

I didn't say their Diagnostic tool could do it. They COULD have a programmer on-hand, but likely they try very hard not to use it.

David James

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go into your Unconnect apps and insure they are enabled under “remote start”. I bet they no longer are since you had the repair performed.

CaptCurt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Following
Im in n. Arizona and mine only works on a cool morning maybe 20% of the time. When I say cool, its not really bad but I'm assuming anything below 50* would kick on the preset warming functions with auto start.
Check your owner's manual, if I remember right a friend told me that his didn't kick on till 45* or lower. Check it out.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check your owner's manual, if I remember right a friend told me that his didn't kick on till 45* or lower. Check it out.
40 F, see post #4.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Following
Im in n. Arizona and mine only works on a cool morning maybe 20% of the time. When I say cool, its not really bad but I'm assuming anything below 50* would kick on the preset warming functions with auto start.
I live in East Texas and mine will not automatically come on unless the temp is 40 degrees or lower, it was the same on my 2015 Ram Laramie and the one I have now is 2019 fifth gen Ram.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Connected to the driver seat module with Alfa OBD and MX+ on my 18 and the threshold was set to 4C (39.2F). It wouldn't allow me to change it though. Kept getting a blocked by security error. (I have the unlock cable and have done a bunch of body module updates.) Any idea on the security issue?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Connected to the driver seat module with Alfa OBD and MX+ on my 18 and the threshold was set to 4C (39.2F). It wouldn't allow me to change it though. Kept getting a blocked by security error. (I have the unlock cable and have done a bunch of body module updates.) Any idea on the security issue?
Not sure about pre-2019, those use a different heated seat module. It does work for 2019+ though.