Wife is gonna be pissed, but vehicles will look nice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks Nick and Chewy, this is great info. As for the DVD, don't sweat it. I don't mind looking up the videos online. I washed my MF towels. The waffle towel still has the pink pigment from the DS will that stay in the cloth? I'm assuming that a wash will get it clean, but the color will stay.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Is Fukken a sealant? I'd REALLY recommend you put a base of sealant on your vehicles if they're DD's and see bird droppings and such and then top with a wax. A sealant BONDS to the paint whereas a wax will sit on top of it and degrades much quicker. Especially in the heat.

Chris

By sealant, you mean wax? Or is sealant its own thing?

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Thanks Nick and Chewy, this is great info. As for the DVD, don't sweat it. I don't mind looking up the videos online. I washed my MF towels. The waffle towel still has the pink pigment from the DS will that stay in the cloth? I'm assuming that a wash will get it clean, but the color will stay.

Some staining is normal depending on the amount of DS absorbed and how you are washing the towels. A little staining is harmless, it won't harm the towel's effectiveness at all.

By sealant, you mean wax? Or is sealant its own thing?

Sealants and waxes are two different animals.

Sealants are essentially synthetic waxes that chemically "bond" to your clear coat. They are formulated to last longer than waxes, but they often require some cure time to completely bond with the finish.

A sealant was be your last step product (LSP), or you can layer a glaze and/or wax over the top of it if you wish.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Many people I know put a coat of wax over the sealant. As stated above I'd recommend you let the sealant cure for about a day before you put the wax over it. I think you will find that the wax gives your paint a little more "pop". I use Wolfgang 3.0 sealant and then top it with Collinite 845. (Sorry I used the products name that I use in the middle of y'all's Adams commerical ). LOL
Jay

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Many people I know put a coat of wax over the sealant. As stated above I'd recommend you let the sealant cure for about a day before you put the wax over it. I think you will find that the wax gives your paint a little more "pop". I use Wolfgang 3.0 sealant and then top it with Collinite 845. (Sorry I used the products name that I use in the middle of y'all's Adams commerical ). LOL
Jay

No worries.

I actually have about 1/2 a bottle of 845 left. I use it on boats when I detail them. I don't like using my "good" stuff on something that lives it's live in the water! 845 is a great wax for the money.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nick,
Have you experimented with any of the Opti products---Opti seal or Opti coat????
Jay

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Nick,
Have you experimented with any of the Opti products---Opti seal or Opti coat????
Jay

They have...

The biggest issues with these products is they're literally like another clear coat and if you need to remove it to correct, it's not as easy as using IPA or dawn to strip it off. It's a semi permanent product. I think they ABSOLUTELY have their place in this world, but they take a little more time and patience to apply and while many of us are capable of it, MANY MANY are not. Adams will NEVER say NEVER, but not right now... ;)

Their Quick Sealant is truly amazing. I don't think the name does it justice other than it is quick to apply. The stuff just LASTS and LASTS and it's SO easy to apply and remove.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Nick,
Jay

As Chewy said, we have been messing with them for quite some time, long before they became so popular.

The semi-permanent coatings don't really fit in our product lineup very well. Our Machine Super Sealant and Quick Sealant last months and months, even on a daily driver.

Because of this fact, we don't feel it's necessary to pour time and resources into developing a product that lasts marginally longer, but it considerably more difficult to apply/work with.

Not saying it won't happen someday as we are in a constant state of product testing and development...but don't hold your breath. :)

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks. I'm kinda partial to my unit. It's growing in me.

I got the wife's Journey all cleaned up, clayed and waxes to.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Congrats on the purchase! The first step to nice paint is perfecting your cleaning method. A majority of damage is caused during the cleaning process. Another item I really recommend to improve the washing process is the Blaster Sidekick or the Air Force Master Blaster. These are air drying units, which will eliminate contacting your paint during the drying process. You are not going to damage your paint, if you do not touch it!

471.jpg

599.jpg

Looks like you're on a good start!

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks! After spending a decent chuck of change for the kit and a few extras, looks like I'll be buying items periodically or as needed. Wife was not too happy about the purchase. She was happy to have nice clean car though.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I never ask my wife... Hmm... I just get it and she knows it makes me happy!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For us guys in the cheap seats, I think a lawn blower will work pretty good. Maybe a little redneck for you city guys---LOL
Jay

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
That too. In addition to my Adam's Polishes, I also have a couple can of Fukken Wax!!