Winch/ light bar idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mx450ltr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have pic/ ideas of a baja style light bar still keeping factory bumper and somewhere to mount a winch? Going to fab one up myself just looking for ideas! thanks

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hmmm interested, well I think some guys have some and will sure chime in but I got nothing lol

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I know a bit about the prerunner bar...this is some kind of unniversal deal I modified (welded) new mounts to so it would work right and minimize bumper carnage.

4738-000-0003.jpg

But the winch mount? That miight start with a universal mounting plate welded/bolted to the frame...then the bumper cut out for the cable/fairlead assembly.
It's a tight fit and you need a pretty substantial winch if you're serious about having one.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
N-fab sells one and I carry them

OP
OP
M

Mx450ltr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys I like ur idea okie keeping the winch Behind the bumper and cut out for the cable. I think I could work something out there just have to relocate front Liscense plate

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are quite a few bumper build threads on Pirate 4x4. I used to have a bunch of pictures saved of them, but I purged them all when I sold my Gen II.

There is enough room for a close mounted winch if you're willing to give up your factory bumper. If you want to keep it... It'll stick out, a LOT.

also, you might look at the Warn Transformer Brush guard / winch mount.

OP
OP
M

Mx450ltr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just don't want a big bulky bumper but may b what I go with. I my cut bumper to let the rollers for the cable stick out of factory bumper were tag goes then make a mount 4 the winch hooked up to the frame just have to make sure enough room behind bumper for winch