Window button plate question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have never taking my door panel apart so I don't know why it's doing it but on my passenger front side door the plate that has the window control on it, the plate moves towards the right (towards handle) which causes a gap in the front. I popped it off to see what's up with it but nothing is broken it seemed. How do they have them stay still?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
A clip may have come loose. Removing the panel is not that hard at all. First remove the door handle, and then find all the screws at the bottom of the panel, should be 3 or 4. Next locate the screw near the door handle, remove it and the others, then there may be one other near where the mirror is located. Remove it. Of check once again for any more screws because there may be one or 2 others none are hidden though.
Now the fun part, lift the entire panel straight up, it should rise around an inch. Next tilt the door panel's top out. Last lift up again releasing the last plastic part free. Ok now that the door panel is off, check the ground for any clips, and check inside the door itself also.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will check that out today, thanks! If clip is missing is this a dealership part only?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Possibly but check with your local auto parts shops first. They might have one in the help section.