Wiring amber grille lights for 3rd gen 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aersla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried searching for a quick answer from google but couldn't find any so as a last resort decided to ask here, see if any one has experience with this. Recently bought a new grille for my 2007 ram 1500, and it comes with amber leds, I would like to wire them to my DRL but not sure where would be the place to wire them, I also bought some alpha rex led headlights that look awesome so hopefully they go well together.

Attachments

• 71wauXbn47L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71wauXbn47L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 4

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried searching for a quick answer from google but couldn't find any so as a last resort decided to ask here, see if any one has experience with this. Recently bought a new grille for my 2007 ram 1500, and it comes with amber leds, I would like to wire them to my DRL but not sure where would be the place to wire them, I also bought some alpha rex led headlights that look awesome so hopefully they go well together.
not for sure on 3rd gen but on my 4th gen , i looked in the fuse box for the spot where the clearance lights are for the top of cab and used that unused slot. That way they just came on when headlights are turned on.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just remember when you wire them that the grille goes up with the hood....

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the first thing i did was change from amber to white. Then I got me a nilight rocker switch. After wiring it up I used a fuse tap that would allow the rocker switch to come on only when the key was activated. Give me a few minutes and i will give you an actual pic of my set up.

IMG_7238.jpg
IMG_7239.jpg
IMG_7240.jpg
IMG_7241.jpg
Likw Hemi said remember that when that hood goes up you need to have plenty of slack cable to go with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

aersla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not for sure on 3rd gen but on my 4th gen , i looked in the fuse box for the spot where the clearance lights are for the top of cab and used that unused slot. That way they just came on when headlights are turned on.
I'll have to see if I have that and get myself another fuse tap.

OP
OP
A

aersla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the first thing i did was change from amber to white. Then I got me a nilight rocker switch. After wiring it up I used a fuse tap that would allow the rocker switch to come on only when the key was activated. Give me a few minutes and i will give you an actual pic of my set up.

View attachment 514351
View attachment 514352
View attachment 514353
View attachment 514355
Likw Hemi said remember that when that hood goes up you need to have plenty of slack cable to go with it.
Is that a manual third gen????

OP
OP
A

aersla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So a little update, ended up just wiring to the fog lights for now. It's not exactly what I wanted but this way I can control them. Looks pretty decent :)

Attachments

• messages_0.png
    messages_0.png
    515.3 KB · Views: 6

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That is so awesome, didn't even know they made them manual. Makes me want to go out there and look for one.
You could get a 3.7 or 4.7 with a manual, or a 2500/3500 with a 5.7 and a manual. They wouldn't put a manual behind the 5.7 in the ½ ton.