Y pipe and muffler size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
What are the stock Y pipe and muffler sizes for a 2004 4.7 ? Want to upgrade the exhaust since I have several pin holes in my muffler. Wanting to go with a magnaflow Y and flowmaster muffler. I also want to put a nicer tip on since the stock pipe is rusting. (Gotta love German winters) What sizes should I be looking at? I want to keep the muffler SI/SO.

MAC06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
subscribed! lol

i was actually about to post something like this up!

BUT instead of the flowmaster, which ive already had in a couple of my mustangs, i have decided to go with a magnaflow muffler. i also want to keep it si/so and dont really know what diameter to get... or the offsets, if any........

Blackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
subscribed! lol

i was actually about to post something like this up!

BUT instead of the flowmaster, which ive already had in a couple of my mustangs, i have decided to go with a magnaflow muffler. i also want to keep it si/so and dont really know what diameter to get... or the offsets, if any........

Good choice going with the magnaflow. I have had several flowmasters and they ask had horrible drone (40, 50hd, 44). Added bonus, they all rusted. I switched to magnaflow and will never switch back.

OP
OP
Bigboytoys

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
After doing a google search, I found the Y in is 2 1/2" and out is 3". So I ordered a magnaflow Y that was 2 1/2" in and 3" out and a SI/SO Flowmaster 40 with 3" in and out. I also ordered a Flowmaster 3" in 4" out tip.....

MAC06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
does the offset matter on the mufflers? ive looked a few places but i cant find what exactly i need to just weld it on... i think i saw a center in/offset out?? but im not quite sure...

OP
OP
Bigboytoys

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
That is what I got...Couldn't really tell by looking at the stocker, but worse comes to worse, can aways weld something up there.