Yes another fuel sending unit question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I posted a few weeks back about my fuel gauge "bouncing" around and it seems like this is a common problem. Most seemed to say that it is the "sender/float" that is the issue. What i would like to know is, if i pull out the pump and sender, 93 5.2 litre engine, can the sender be fixed? I know that there are no aftermarket senders available so i wondering if my original one can be fixed somehow.
Do they just fall a part over time?
Is it usually a bad wire connection?
Has anyone attempted to fix or actually fixed their's?
Thanks.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I posted a few weeks back about my fuel gauge "bouncing" around and it seems like this is a common problem. Most seemed to say that it is the "sender/float" that is the issue. What i would like to know is, if i pull out the pump and sender, 93 5.2 litre engine, can the sender be fixed? I know that there are no aftermarket senders available so i wondering if my original one can be fixed somehow.
Do they just fall a part over time?
Is it usually a bad wire connection?
Has anyone attempted to fix or actually fixed their's?
Thanks.
The sending unit is actually a potentiometer with an arm attached to it and a float on the end. When I am working on the older trucks like yours with this problem I have found a lot of sending units where to contact is not touching the potentiometer causing the gauge to bounce and be inaccurate.

I have been able to repair several of these by tweaking the contact and the arm so it will make good contact with the graduated scale of the potentiometer and the gauge works normally. You make find the same issue.

OP
OP
C

Cadee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok thanks Fast69Mopar. I'll give that a try.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007