Your thoughts on this truck and the price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
^ the auto trans will take more aftermarket Hp and stock go/Tq than the manual will, that’s why they de rate the manual trans motors.... or am I wrong?

You are right , the stock clutch wont take alot of power before slipping.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
where are you getting this figure? trade in value for my 17 Laramie is around there. I ran a 2012 and it came in around 17.5k trade in with a dealer price of around 22k

Right here........note the mileage..........also it is a fully loaded Laramie...only thing it ain't got is a sun roof, rear dvd system, and the parking sensors.

It also has a the towing mirrors and ITBC, as well as tonneau cover & bed rug, but no way to show those as options.

KBB-2012.jpg

Last edited:

Ram143

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel 4×4
Paid 54k for my '17 limited. 4×4 crew cab with the Cummins diesel automatic with 6k miles on it. Was a dealer demo and was sold new with full warranty so there are deals out there if you keep looking 20180731_080050.jpg 20180731_080114.jpg

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right here........note the mileage..........also it is a fully loaded Laramie...only thing it ain't got is a sun roof, rear dvd system, and the parking sensors.

It also has a tonneau cover & bed rug, but no way to show those as options.

View attachment 138131
i guess i didnt factor location in as previously mentioned

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OKAY. take a ram salesmans advice here that doesnt have an agenda your not buying from me lol if you havnt already purchased it. 33k for a 6 year old laramie limited witha cummins isnt a rip off like some guys on here say . i just gave a guy 29k for a similar truck same year with 104k miles on it. i would negotiate the interest rate more than i would negotiate the price.
heres your checklist:
1: carfax
2: service records
3: unless youre paying cash, focus on interest rate
4: get a free hat and all weather floormats thown in. if they say no stand up and walk away
5: when youre done like totally done negotiating like youre about to say yes stand up pull out youre phone make a call to anyone or fake it and walk back and say take 500 off right now and its a deal and stick out your hand.
end of story. and remember. negotiate hard but be nice. when people are rude i kick them out of my dealership. kindness goes both ways. you can be respectful and negotiate. its the dealerships property and thier truck. they have the right to sell to you or not to

Last edited:

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One thing I did not see anyone post about.

I bought a 07 2500 6.7 6sp auto with 94k and all I did was start working on the truck.
Installed new front wheel bearings, new brakes pads rotors and calipers , had to delete it and costume tune, then the turbo went out and both bed sides started rusting out.
The frontend was all loose and sloppy and the gear box was shot so the whole front end needed rebuilt.
I finally had enough when I realized the torque converter was going bad and the trans was slipping by 150k.

Everyone knows the Cummins will last for ever but the rest on the truck wont with out replacement parts and at that mileage is about when you haft to get your wallet out and start buying parts.
thats on an 07. hes looking at a 12. wont have similar issues that early

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It isn't a diesel, but per kBB, my 2012 Laramie hemi is still worth 28-32k, and I only paid 33k for it when I got it, so their price may not be too crazy.
ive never seen a 2012 1500 laramie trade in for more than 16k anywhere in the country and i have access to the figures.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ive never seen a 2012 1500 laramie trade in for more than 16k anywhere in the country and i have access to the figures.

Never said trade in..........besides, why should I trade it in for 16k as you say so they can resell it for almost 2x as much ?? And I mean wash it and put it on the lot.....nothing else is needed.

Sell it myself for that kind of money.............

And the ones you have seen.....what kind of mileage & condition ??

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never said trade in..........besides, why should I trade it in for 16k as you say so they can resell it for almost 2x as much ?? And I mean wash it and put it on the lot.....nothing else is needed.

Sell it myself for that kind of money.............

And the ones you have seen.....what kind of mileage & condition ??
i sell 2012 ram 1500 loaded limiteds for 18k. private party you might get 17-19 if youre lucky

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i sell 2012 ram 1500 loaded limiteds for 18k. private party you might get 17-19 if youre lucky
the other thing. and this still doesnt chnage it, btw im sure youre truck is nice not hating on it, but banks whether its private party or not wont give you a loan to value over 105% over region vehicle calculated value which is what banks use. and your trucks regional calculated value would be 18k so nobody could get a personal loan to buy youre truck over 19k from you anyways. they would have to pay cash and i havnt seen one sell cash over 20k

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Guess I won't be selling it then....................but the market decides...........and around here, they must be worth more, cuz I see used trucks in way worse condition than mine selling for more than you sell them for.

If KBB is so far off, how the heck do they stay in business ??

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guess I won't be selling it then....................but the market decides...........and around here, they must be worth more, cuz I see used trucks in way worse condition than mine selling for more than you sell them for.

remember im talking before tax title and license. and you are correct when you say area counts. im in az, trucks sell like hotcakes out here.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6

1) Slop. Their guesstimates are *wide*, even within a given condition.

2) Vehicle condition (kbb.com does have a neat little tool to determine what condition they consider your vehicle to be in)

3) In my opinion, Private Party Sales are always a touch overinflated, and Trade-In Sales are always a touch under-inflated. Makes you feel good on either end (mostly because it seems that individual buyers look at Private Sales before buying, and people who trade in their **** seem to always look at Trade-In Sales before heading for the dealer. Desired result? Everyone likes their actual results when compared to KBB numbers.)

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1) Slop. Their guesstimates are *wide*, even within a given condition.

2) Vehicle condition (kbb.com does have a neat little tool to determine what condition they consider your vehicle to be in)

3) In my opinion, Private Party Sales are always a touch overinflated, and Trade-In Sales are always a touch under-inflated. Makes you feel good on either end (mostly because it seems that individual buyers look at Private Sales before buying, and people who trade in their **** seem to always look at Trade-In Sales before heading for the dealer. Desired result? Everyone likes their actual results when compared to KBB numbers.)

Well, you see the numbers from KBB....and I was 100% honest in my appraisal. It is probably less now, as I just put 1000 more miles on it to see my grand-babies.

I know the trade in they offer is always way way less than KBB mentions in any form. I laugh & walk out of the showroom. The only reason I didn't haggle more for trade when I got my Ram is I HATED the silverado I was trading in, and it only had 33K. It had problems that the dealer refused to fix for which there were TSBs, and it had problems they refused to even look at, and it was a CPO vehicle, which meant it was covered bumper to bumper until 48k.

The locking rear end stopped working correctly, and they claimed it was only designed to work when moving forward, not when moving in reverse. They never even opened the diff cover to look at it, even tho I could prove it was designed to work both directions. And the rear doors, they would fill with water when it rained hard, cuz the idiots put weatherstripping over the drain holes at the bottom, just to name a few.......

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bbdmac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
To update my original post, my son picked up the truck last night after having a new Flo-Pro exhaust put on, deleting the EGR system, and the addition of a 5 position user selectable tune. I's only been one day but he loves his new truck.

40139587_10156026168462683_5267846537517465600_n.jpg

Nighttrain2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hav a Laramie and absolutely love it I’m all
Abputs options and leather . Like one guy replied saying u could get a tradesman well ya u can but it will be a tradesman bottom of the barrel yes same motor and newer but it’s all on what u want . I would not be scared of the year or mileage if the truck passes car fax and is in near perfect shape just my 2 sense

OP
OP
B

bbdmac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Yup, we checked car fax and inspected the obvious things like brakes, ball joints, loose steering, etc. The truck appears to be in excellent shape and you'd never know it has all those miles on it. Hopefully it lasts for him. Thanks for all the feedback!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am sure it will serve him well. Hope he enjoys it.