Your thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Today I wanted to try something new but didn't get a chance to complete it.

I rinsed my truck then foamed then rinsed again then blow dried. My plan after that was to use something like Adams CS3 for a full cleaning and top it with extreme solutions. I ran out of CS3 last wash and my extreme solutions hasn't come in yet.

I was thinking for my maintenance washes biweekly I would do it this way every other time and the other time do a full 2 bucket wash then extreme solutions topper.

What are your thoughts?

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Others opinions are others. What matters is you enjoy the time with your Ram. Detailing should be therapeutic, not the reason for therapy. So, get your favorite products out each time you wash. Have fun, relax and appreciate your dedication.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My thoughts are that either
A. you really like your truck
B. you have way to much free time on your hands

:)

As far as the washing, mine is lucky to get washed 2-3 times a year and even then often just a car wash. So I am no help on the products.

But it sounds like a good plan once you get your products.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a hard time racking my brain on the whole waterless wash products. It scares me rubbing dirt over the paint lol...

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I sometimes use waterless wash Chemical guys with no issues. This also depends on how dirty said vehicle is. If you have an amazon account I know you can get chemical guys and Adams pretty quick. I know you live in Canada, not sure how quick it would get to you. I order Adams ceramic wash today and it will be here tomorrow.

RamHemi18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I use meguiar's waterless wash with good results in between washes. Works well with dust or water spots after a rain. I use 2 cloths, one wet with product and one dry to buff. I use a lot of product to really soak the dust, spots, pollen. I have not notice any scratches. If it does scratch, I have meguiar's 3 in 1 and a small 6in orbital buffer that'll take it right out.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Personally I always use the 2 bucket method. For me I end up taking out just as much stuff regardless. It also allows me a more detailed and closer look at the entire vehicle as I do. I also wash depending upon the level of dirt/dust. If I have to wash it 3 times a week.... I have, if once every 10 days... so be it.

My neighbor uses waterless and loves it, but then he also has a Tesla... but thats another story. Another neighbor loves his foam cannon.

Which is best? The fact that they are getting out there and attempting to keep their cars clean is the big thing to walk away with.

What's next? Waterless showers??!!! Oh the stench that would create o_O

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i tried waterless once and it's not for me.i enjoy the 2 bucket,foam cannon wash ritual.if i could only solve the water spot issue....

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
i tried waterless once and it's not for me.i enjoy the 2 bucket,foam cannon wash ritual.if i could only solve the water spot issue....

This is the answer to that. It's the water your using causing the spot more than anything else.

Any filter will help, but this without will solve that. Ive got 2 black vehicles and I was amazed at the results.

IMG_0541.JPG

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
This is the answer to that. It's the water your using causing the spot more than anything else.

Any filter will help, but this without will solve that. Ive got 2 black vehicles and I was amazed at the results.

View attachment 462775
i have a guy coming around to do a quote for my home filtration system upgrade and i will most likely be adding something to the front hose bibb line.

UPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
My routine is tedious, but my results speak for themselves.
*pressure rinse- water only
*foam and let sit for 3-4 minutes
*pressure rinse
*heavy foam
*hand wash, straight lines, no circular motions
*pressure rinse
*blow dry (leaf blower) takes care of 95% excess water
*micro towel dry with hybrid wax

Seems like a lot, but I can knock it down in under 40 minutes. They key is to get as much of the surface dirt, bugs, etc off before I even hand wash it.

Attachments

• CC486687-E8FD-49AC-B78D-934B5DAF59C0.jpeg
    CC486687-E8FD-49AC-B78D-934B5DAF59C0.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 6

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
i have a guy coming around to do a quote for my home filtration system upgrade and i will most likely be adding something to the front hose bibb line.

Not sure where you park your Ram, or other vehicles, but here's something to add to that....

I'm not able to park in the garage, due to lack of clearance, so its the driveway for me. For a week, I'd go outside and there would be hard water spots on the side of the truck (one side). But how? there was no water evidence around at all. The ground was dry, the sun was out, but I had spots. SOB !!! Turns out my neighbor was having sprinkler issues, and one of the heads was spraying the side of the truck at 2am.

Needless to say, I don't park in that spot anymore, and it was a PIA getting the spots out.

Point being, you could have the cleanest water to wash with, but sometimes Murphy pops his friggin' head up.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Not sure where you park your Ram, or other vehicles, but here's something to add to that....

I'm not able to park in the garage, due to lack of clearance, so its the driveway for me. For a week, I'd go outside and there would be hard water spots on the side of the truck (one side). But how? there was no water evidence around at all. The ground was dry, the sun was out, but I had spots. SOB !!! Turns out my neighbor was having sprinkler issues, and one of the heads was spraying the side of the truck at 2am.

Needless to say, I don't park in that spot anymore, and it was a PIA getting the spots out.

Point being, you could have the cleanest water to wash with, but sometimes Murphy pops his friggin' head up.
for me,it's just the water quality in my lake home.our city home has great water.my neighbours up here are far enough away.tree sap, bird crap and pollen i can deal with,my old ram was white so water spots didn't show,just mineral deposits from brake dust.that's why i was looking for another white one.brake dust is easier to deal with than water spots.oh well,it is what it is.i have more than enough time to strip,wash,wax,repeat.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is the product I use for doing a rinseless wash. I have had extremely good luck with it and have not had any problems with scratches. If I ever have any question about the truck being too dirty to do a rinseless wash I always default to doing a regular 2 bucket wash.

McKee's 37 SiO2 Rinseless Wash (Hyper Concentrated Rinseless/Waterless Solution), 32 fl. oz.​

Jay

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I finally got to use the Adams waterless ceramic and its ok. I still think Chemical guys waterless is better and cheaper. I really am enjoying Adams Ceramic Detailer and I got the ceramic tire shine and I love that. My set up.

Ryobi 2000 psi pressure washer. Open box got it for 10 bucks and just ordered what was taken. It was never used. I have like 70 bucks in it.
Soap: I personally like the Chemical guys Extreme wash and wax. I have the Adams ceramic wash and its ok. Got it cheap on sale.
Cannon I bought one off of amazon on prime day for 25 bucks. Once my foot heals I can try it out.
I use the two bucket method as well. I have a chemical guys strainer and two Home Depot buckets

Drying: Leaf blower as well and then I finish with two Meguires drying towels.

Wax: Depends on what needs to be done. I am currently ceramic coated so I don't really need anything. Go to waxes are Butter wax "Chemical guys" Scratch and Swirl Remover "Adams" Polish Depends on how bad it is. I like the "Chemical Guys" #36 or #38 Ceramic anything use Adams if you are doing it yourself. I have all of this.

Detail spray:
Basic spray I use speed detailer "Chemical Guys"
Ceramic Detail Spray "Adams" I have both.

Spray Wax:
Blazin Bananas "Chemical Guys"

Black Trim:
VRP "Chemical Guys" Lasts forever!

Tire Shine:
Depends I like Tire Kicker "Chemical Guys" or Ceramic Tire Shine "Adams" I have both.

Wheel cleaning: I just use Speed Detailer "Chemical Guys"

Wheel Wells:
Bare bones undercarriage spray "Chemical Guys" I just used it for the first time today and wow its awesome stuff!

Cleaner/Degreaser: "Chemical guys" Or "gunk"

Carpet and Clothe seats: "Tough stuff" "Meguires" Scrub brush for when it gets bad.

Leather: Sprayable leather "Chemical Guys" Leather Conditioner "Chemical Guys" Leather Cleaner "Chemical Guys" "Chemical Guys" leather scrub brush. I use all of these on my wifes Pacifica.

Hard interior surfaces: I like a high shine, so I use Hypercoat Protectant "Chemical Guys" or if you just want a natural finish "Adams" has you covered.

Basic Interior Cleaner: Total interior "Chemical Guys" and a "Chemical Guys" Detail brush.

Glass Cleaner: Streak Free "Chemical Guys"

Wash mit: "Chemical Guys"

Micro Fiber towels: "Chemical Guys" Black, yellow, brown, and premium red.

Interior applicators: Brown Leather Applicator "Chemical Guys" Yellow Applicator for hard surfaces "Chemical Guys"

Tire Applicator: "Chemical Guys"

Exterior applicators for like VRP: Amazon blue ones.

I personally with hand applications the pads "Adams" sells.

Vacuum: The wifes dyson lol.

I think that is every I use. I have so much stuff lol. I have a problem I know. Also Amazon sells the Chemical Guys in bulk which I do and I save a ton and the stuff I use the most.