Yukon carrier assembly for zf215mm front axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mack20classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all. I joined this form because another ram forum I posted on did not get much action and honestly I’ve found the MOST useful info on here out of all forum along with good people/comtent. I’m glad to be here! Okay so doing gear swap in my 20 classic and have found that with the welded ring gear you either go to max 3.92 with these front axles or can go to 2006-2011 front axle swap. But after looking into Yukon, I found they offer a drop in carrier YG C215R-411K & YG C215R-456K for 4.11 & 4.56 gears. Has anyone ran these or had experience with them? I want to make sure they are solid before dropping 1k on the kit. I was going to go 3.92 but lots of folks are saying go 4.11 or even 4.56 even with the 8 speed trans. Hoping to
Get some feed back on these Yukon carriers as they offer bolt on ring gears and drop in our 215mm zf front axle assemblies. Thank you guys/gals!

OP
OP
M

Mack20classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The gear ratio will depend on how big of tires you plan on running, what size?
Yes sir 35. Mathematically if I run a 4.10 I’d be around a final ratio of 3.70, and if I run a 4.56 I’d be around a ratio of 4.10. This is all fine and great but I was wanting to see if anyone has ran these drop in carriers, as these are the only carriers on the market that are even available that allow us to change front ring/pin gear due to these rings being welded to carrier. SO if they aren’t any goood I’ll save me monies and stick to 3.92. Yes I’d like to
Go a tad higher than that for performance but don’t want to waste cash especially in 2024 .

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AAM (American Axle Manufacturers) has been my go-to for 3+ decades. They're not a budget or "discount" place... just TOP quality.

I've professionally had several quality issues with other aftermarket parts in the past. Obviously, these others must be doing most things right, or they would not still be in business. But I do not have the luxury of rolling the dice.

As a professional, my work is directly reflected in fixed correctly the first time and longevity of the repairs. Therefore, my own experiences have led me to quality.... not budget. (Think dollar cost value)

As a side note, I have ordered parts for vehicles in the past (GM) from AAM, which had the OE part numbers on the units. IOW, they were/are vendors for OE.

Blumenthal's in Oklahoma City is who I get these parts from.

OP
OP
M

Mack20classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AAM (American Axle Manufacturers) has been my go-to for 3+ decades. They're not a budget or "discount" place... just TOP quality.

I've professionally had several quality issues with other aftermarket parts in the past. Obviously, these others must be doing most things right, or they would not still be in business. But I do not have the luxury of rolling the dice.

As a professional, my work is directly reflected in fixed correctly the first time and longevity of the repairs. Therefore, my own experiences have led me to quality.... not budget. (Think dollar cost value)

As a side note, I have ordered parts for vehicles in the past (GM) from AAM, which had the OE part numbers on the units. IOW, they were/are vendors for OE.

Blumenthal's in Oklahoma City is who I get these parts from.
Sir I totally get where you are coming from. IF Dana made parts for these axles that would be my go to. MONEY isn’t the problem. As stated above…. Yukon is the ONLY company that offers a drop in carrier that allows you to go numerically higher than 3.92 (highest factory number available). That ring gears are welded and therefore these axles are a bolt in and out assembly unless you go Yukons route. Side not I love these trucks but these front axles are beyond a horrible design between the intermediate shaft clunking noises, fast wear outs, and non bolted in ring gear to carriers… sheesh.

OP
OP
M

Mack20classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you get no answers here,you could try contacting Matt Fikac at Moes,he might know somebody who's tried out the Yukon carriers.
Thank you sir. Brothers I can not tell you how much better this forum is than the other ram forum I was using. Man it was crickets over there and the only thing most ppl discussed was like running boards ect.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thank you sir. Brothers I can not tell you how much better this forum is than the other ram forum I was using. Man it was crickets over there and the only thing most ppl discussed was like running boards ect.
You might get more answers on the hi-po Ram facebook pages like Tuned Rams and High Performance Rams.The Yukon carriers have been available for awhile now,so somebody has to have tried them out by now,so the more pages you hit,the better odds you'll have of finding the answers you're looking for

OP
OP
M

Mack20classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You might get more answers on the hi-po Ram facebook pages like Tuned Rams and High Performance Rams.The Yukon carriers have been available for awhile now,so somebody has to have tried them out by now,so the more pages you hit,the better odds you'll have of finding the answers you're looking for
I got on fb and did some post on ram pages. Looks as if a TON of people are highly unaware of these drop in carriers. Most people are saying they are about to order them since they had no idea about them .

OP
OP
M

Mack20classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To update everyone on this matter….
It appears that Yukon (while a great brand for many applications) is NOT the best fit for rams. Many consumers found that the Yukon ring and pinion gear sets don’t favor ram very well and have quality issues. From those who have tried they said that they ended up having to redo jobs and go with diffrent gear sets. I can’t say that it was exactly Yukons fault or installers but with so many saying that theh had issues with these particular drop in carrier assemblies, I opted to
Do a 3.92 front axle swap along with a Detroit tru trac with motive 3.92 swap in the rear bought through moes. I have a custom off road shop locally that is going to install this on the 17 next month. I figured 3.92 with 35s I should do pretty good. We shall see.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It appears that Yukon (while a great brand for many applications) is NOT the best fit for rams. Many consumers found that the Yukon ring and pinion gear sets don’t favor ram very well and have quality issues. From those who have tried they said that they ended up having to redo jobs and go with diffrent gear sets. I can’t say that it was exactly Yukons fault or installers but with so many saying that theh had issues with these particular drop in carrier assemblies, I opted to
Do a 3.92 front axle swap along with a Detroit tru trac with motive 3.92 swap in the rear bought through moes. I have a custom off road shop locally that is going to install this on the 17 next month. I figured 3.92 with 35s I should do pretty good. We shall see.
I have had very limited Yukon brand experiences. All were fraught with negative results due to poor quality and/or fitment/ machining issues. I installed a ring and pinion in a Chevy, and the car came back in short order with heat treatment problems where the material was soft and just wasn't up to the job. I do not know if they had/have spotty QC issues, but, I purposely avoid the brand. Although these experiences all were north of 8 years ago, I am "gun shy" so to speak.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Glad you got some answers over on Tuned Rams Mack

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byteme