Center Axle Disconnect Vacuum Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimJam300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
2001 1500 4x4

I had my front diff rebuilt, the mechanic had the axle removed from the truck and after I got the truck back I started having these issues.

1. In 2HI, my 4x4 light comes on when the engine is under load: hard acceleration on a level surface or moderate acceleration up an incline.

2. In 4HI/4LO driving off road, the front end clunks and the 4x4 light flashes rapidly during a loss of traction.

3. When switching from 4HI/4LO to 2HI, it sometimes takes a few cycles of the shifter to get the 4x4 light to turn off.

I am thinking this is a vacuum issue because of the light coming on when the engine is under load. I have inspected the CAD area and found that the hose clamps on the CAD actuator were not installed correctly, I replaced them with brand new spring clamps and the acceleration under load trips the 4x4 light even more frequently. I made sure the vacuum connector was oriented correctly. Soon I am going to remove the CAD assembly from the axle and inspect it and vacuum test the actuator.

If anyone has some pointers I would gladly appreciate them.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Check your motor ,transmission,transfer case mounts just to be sure things are not moving

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Island-cowboy