Zone vs. Rough Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbditsjd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all! I'm a new member here in the forum and I have been looking around for this discussion. I haven't found much in this site about the zone lift and I know that rough country is a vendor here so I've been taking some of the opinions that I've been reading with a grain of salt. I have been looking for a lift for a while now as I am only 16 but am looking to have my truck completely modded to my liking by the time I am 17. Part of the reason is so that I can stop spending my money on the truck (which I know will never fully happen) / spend less on it so that I can invest my money or save. Lately I've been looking at the Rough Country and Zone 5 inch lifts. I know Zone is made by or some how connected to BDS which seems to be a very good system, but I also see the Rough Country systems around very often. Since both lifts are similar in price and come with similar components, I'm wondering: which one has the edge? Between both which has the best combination of ride quality and performance? If anyone has a third then 02-05 1500 with a 5-inch lift and 35's would they be willing to post up a pic for me to see so that I can know what to expect? Also - if you could post what set up you run and what seems to work for you that'd be great.

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey man welcome. I have an 08 with a 6" Zone lift, and originally had 35's on 17 wheels, but now I am running 37's on 17's. I take my truck off roading quite a bit and have never had a problem. As for daily driving, it is smooth, gas mileage isn't worse than when I had it stock (believe it or not), and so far I'm very happy with it. If you check out at the top of the 3rd Gen page, there's about 40 pages of different pics of guys rigs, with all sorts of different set ups. Good luck.

OP
OP
nbditsjd

nbditsjd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks so much man! I'm really new to the whole idea of forums so I'm not really sure what bumps are or whatever. Anyway thank you very much. I did end up going with the zone lift. I tried something very risky, though and that was ordering very largely offset rims so that they would stick out. Really scared about if it's going to fit or not. (If anyone has any advice I bought 18x12 feuls with a -44 offset. Stupid decision? Maybe... but I'm learning.) I really want that look and I really hope it'll fit. Also tires are 35x12.5r18 Nitto Trail Graps.

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not a stupid decision at all. Your truck will look like a beast. The only thing you might have to watch for will be rubbing on the inner fender. When I put on my 37's there was a little rubbing when I had the wheel turned and went over a bump. So I trimmed the inner stock fender, and then just went all out and bought an after-market full metal bumper. Good luck with yours. Post some pics when you get them.

OP
OP
nbditsjd

nbditsjd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man! I was actually panicking a little when I realized that there may be an issue so I started a new thread. It will be tight but I will definitely trim the fender and hopefully that'll help. Thanks so much for your help. My zone lift and nitto tires actually just came in today. I'm expecting the wheels tomorrow :)

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool man, you should be good with spacers. I should have gone wider myself. Next time. If you ever have any questions about anything, theres tons of guys on here that know their **** about everything.

tommyboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
You made a great choice going with Zone. Get some pics posted. Where abouts in NJ are you?

OP
OP
nbditsjd

nbditsjd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tommyboy, I'm up in the Bergen County area. I will see the truck all ready for the first time tomorrow. (Since my dad decided to gift me the lift he really wanted me to wait till Christmas.) I will post pics as soon as i can. I'm so excited!!!!!!