Buying this TT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Thank you guys, the wife can't wait to start putting her touch in it, planning on going to camping world and walmark to do some shopping. Is there any tips that you guys can give me, since this is my first TT it would be deeply appreciated? When I get it all hook up I will take some more pics for you guys.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Gorgeous rig!

Your truck will do a fantastic job for you with that! I had a 37' bumper pull weighing in around 10,000 pounds loaded up and my 6.4 hemi with 3.73's got nearly 10 mpg pulling it and never lacked power. I am assuming yours has 4.10's with reading your posts.

You'll enjoy every bit of it! Congrats!

Yes sir the 4.10 gears and I'm am so glad I did.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you guys, the wife can't wait to start putting her touch in it, planning on going to camping world and walmark to do some shopping. Is there any tips that you guys can give me, since this is my first TT it would be deeply appreciated? When I get it all hook up I will take some more pics for you guys.

Squirrel away a tool kit. first aid kit. Leveling blocks - I use wood, but there is some nice light weight and stackable plastic blocks. Wheels chocks. I'm sure your Denali has electric stability jacks, but if you don't a cordless impact with 3/4" socket makes quick work of the chore. A white fresh water hose and a green hose for everything else. I use those crappy "as seen on tv" shrinking hoses because they save space. A quality stinky slinky, aka poo pipe, will save you potential mess. Holding tank treatment packets to help with odors from your drains and commode. Electrical cord adaptors- enough to adapt your cord to typical offerings. Ie, I have 30 amp but I have adaptor from 30 to 50 and 30 to regular 3-prong (15 amp?). We always carry extra blankets and sleeping bags, spare cold weather gear, umbrellas, flashights, bags (trash, kitchen, shopping, freezer,sandwich), marshmallow roasting sticks, our pot and pan set stacks inside itself to save space, collapsible storage containers, paper plates and bowls, plastic utensils, cutlery set, spatula and tongs, coffee maker, for rain days we have magazines and games for the kids, a chest of camping toys, area rugs, my wife uses dollar store baskets to organize our dry and canned goods in the cupboards, broom and dust pan, rv tp, ummm... what else am I forgetting???

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Squirrel away a tool kit. first aid kit. Leveling blocks - I use wood, but there is some nice light weight and stackable plastic blocks. Wheels chocks. I'm sure your Denali has electric stability jacks, but if you don't a cordless impact with 3/4" socket makes quick work of the chore. A white fresh water hose and a green hose for everything else. I use those crappy "as seen on tv" shrinking hoses because they save space. A quality stinky slinky, aka poo pipe, will save you potential mess. Holding tank treatment packets to help with odors from your drains and commode. Electrical cord adaptors- enough to adapt your cord to typical offerings. Ie, I have 30 amp but I have adaptor from 30 to 50 and 30 to regular 3-prong (15 amp?). We always carry extra blankets and sleeping bags, spare cold weather gear, umbrellas, flashights, bags (trash, kitchen, shopping, freezer,sandwich), marshmallow roasting sticks, our pot and pan set stacks inside itself to save space, collapsible storage containers, paper plates and bowls, plastic utensils, cutlery set, spatula and tongs, coffee maker, for rain days we have magazines and games for the kids, a chest of camping toys, area rugs, my wife uses dollar store baskets to organize our dry and canned goods in the cupboards, broom and dust pan, rv tp, ummm... what else am I forgetting???

Ahhh man this is awesome, thank you and yes it have the electric stability jacks, it even have a back up camera the guy even thrown in another tv for the bedroom free.

It was their last 2016 of that unit so they gave my a really good deal, the one that I was going to get before which was the Wildcat Maxx is a lesser TT but I got this Denali for the same price. I'm writing down the list you gave me and hopefully other will chime in also with their list.

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

My #1 rule - You can never have too many paper towels!

Best bet, 1st trip should be in your yard or make sure your 1st trip is near a Walmart. One thing I forgot on my 1st trip was a ladder and broom so I could clean off the tops of the slides before closing them. Luckily my neighbor was more than happy to let me use his. Your best tool, pen and paper :happy107:

Have fun!!

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We also carry a cooler for drinking water and drinks. Coleman Roadtrip camping grill and spare little propane bottles for it. Cleaning supplies. Complete extra set of toiletries. Picnic table cloth. A folding table. Camp chairs. Maps, maps, and more maps. Spare fuses. Entry rug, maybe 2, one to put at bottom of stairs and one inside door to wipe feet and catch some of the grass, dirt and rocks before dragging them into the camper. We raided the $5 DVD bin for some movies. We found at Hobby lobby some plastic holders that go under your paper plate so they can't fold under the weight of your meal. An axe and/or hatchet for splitting firewood down to a smaller size. 2-3 of those long handled lighters. Paper towels. Regular towels and wash cloths. Dish rags. Cutting board- if you get one the size of your range top it expands your counter top area but your Denali probably has a range cover, in which case a cutting mat saves space. We carry a long and low bin that we keep the kids life vests and arm floaties in when traveling and use as a bath tub for the little one when camped.

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Almost forgot, careful opening fridge and cupboards after you haul it. Also, secure anything not nailed down (lamps, coffee maker, nik naks, wall clock, etc.) before you leave. We put stuff in sinks or in a cardboard box on the floor. We use corelle dishes and one time this year after a 300 mile haul my plates slammed against cupboard which opened it up. Guess what I found all over the floor upon arrival .. yep.. broken plates :flame: Less learned, secure cabinets or remove dishes. Seems I still learn lessons every trip :roflsquared:

Good luck!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Nice trailer man!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another item to add to your list-----zip ties. I also carried a hand held Laser thermometer and would "shoot" the tires and hubs every time we stopped for gas or stopped at a rest stop.
Jay

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
When you close the slides back in, double check for stuff that could get in the way or interfere with them. Buckets make great electric cord holders as well as one for the waterhose. Don't forget to make sure the water heater is full before using it on electric, it will burn the heating element in seconds, I've replaced a couple of them over the years. The trailer needs to be pretty level for the fridge to work well, but it still takes all day to get cold.
A fridge thermometer is handy, too..

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Wow, you guys are awesome I see not that my list is getting longer. Thank you for all of your advice, this will be my first ever so I will need to help.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pearls of wisdom---It's better to have it and not need it, instead of needing it and not having it. LOL
Jay

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You could take home a list a mile long from here of what you will need. Guaranteed, within the first 5 minutes of getting everything set up you're gonna realize you forgot something. This happens every trip, not just the first. You're going to end up with multiples of just about everything. I cleaned out my camper before I sold it last month and found things I hadn't seen since last year. Storage is a great thing, but can also get you in trouble. The more room you have, the more stuff you "need" but rarely use. Good luck on your journeys. I've been looking for a new 5'er since I picked up my 6.7.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Man I do need to get out there, and I know that I will need some things so I guess that I will have to do it and find out.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Yes we are retired also but we do pastor a awesome church so we not fully retired but we can go whenever we want to.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Well guys the wife change up the floor plan today, she wanted to go with another floor plan she liked the other but she like this on better so here we go with some more pics.This one have 3 slide were the other only have 2, it weight in about the same but the only thing is that the carry weight is a little less.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
More, the bed is side ways and it's a King.

Behind the glass their is a almost a walk in closet.

The other side of the bedroom, he throwing in a free 32" TV.

In the living area with a pop up 42" TV.