First tow with my 14 Laramie 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shawn1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I finally found a Malibu and took a road trip last Saturday (4/15) to pick it up. Went down to some little town about 15 miles north of Louisville Ky.
Picked up the trailer in Louisville as I didnt feel like hauling an empty trailer 300 miles. Took everyones advice from my previous thread asking for advice on 1st time towing. Only advice I didnt follow is where someone mentioned stay at 55 mph. That was very hard to do, I averaged about 70-75mph. Probably not smart but I did pull over often and check everything including how hot the tires were getting on the trailer. At that speed I never felt like I wasnt in control of everything. I was very impressed how well my 1500 handled the ride home, of course it was perfect weather. 75 and sunny with little to no wind at all. According to the evic I averaged 12mpg which I'm sure isnt 100% correct but probably close. Trip down was about 4.5 hours, coming home was close to 6 hours, which included about a 30 min stop for lunch.

Malibu%20tow%202_zpszhdqp9jk.jpg
Malibu%20tow_zpsei2g7bug.jpg

pkrexer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like you could have used some air bags, you got a nice squat going on there :)