2nd Gen Manifold Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Got a 2nd gen manifold (Thanks Dave!) and started looking under the hood and comparing to my current set up....things just didn't match up lol.

So i started doing further research, and from what i found out is that the turbo has to be moved up in order to bolt on to the older manifold properly?

So what i would need to do is just cut the down pipe, move the turbo up, connect it to the 2nd gen manifold, and build a custom CAI that'll fit? (later take it the exhaust shop to fab up the down pipe)

Does that sound about right? Or is it a little more complicated than that?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Thats about right , as far as the manifold it bolts right up no issues . Turbo bolts to that and just have to relocate the exhaust down pipe up a few inches

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Sorry to revive an old thread, but what is the purpose of this mod.. I've been seeing this more and more
Ch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Better Flow

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
flow and sound.. It'll take that raspines out of the exhaust. I have one for another reason though... You flip the manifold upside down and it's the same manifold used for twins :naughty: