Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Preferred Vendors > 1A Auto

1A Auto

NEW PRODUCT!! 2013-2015 Ram 1500 Truck Power Heated Puddle Light Signal Power - Foldi

This is a discussion on NEW PRODUCT!! 2013-2015 Ram 1500 Truck Power Heated Puddle Light Signal Power - Foldi within the 1A Auto forums, part of the Preferred Vendors category!
Tony, I ordered the original tow mirrors back in Dec for my Ram 2500. My truck has the factory power ...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2016, 04:02 PM   #91 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015 Limited Mega Cab
Engine: 6.4 Hemi
Tony,

I ordered the original tow mirrors back in Dec for my Ram 2500. My truck has the factory power folding, etc so I figured these would be plug and play.

Well, I had them in my garage and finally installed them yesterday (yes, 6 months later!). After installation, I press the fold button and they do not always fold. I have to press the button numerous times (27 times at one point) for them to fold in. Once in, the same goes to get them out. I have to press and press until they finally move out. The passenger side did not fold completely the first few times, but I figure they were just tight.

To make matters worse, the same thing happens for the adjustments. I have to press and press to get them to adjust. Funny thing is I did have it fold or adjust with one press one time, but it happened once out of about 20 different attempts.

Any idea? Apparently I ordered the black because the chrome caps were no longer available, but my factory are chrome and the all black look a little odd.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
SPDKLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #92 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015 Ram 2500
Engine: Hemi 6.4
Tony, Just an update and for anyone else. I ordered the power folding tow mirrors for a 13-15 ram 1500 for my 15 ram 2500 and fitment was perfect !!! Everything works perfect with no codes needing flashed. Thank you again for your help and shipping was quick. The box looked rough but no damage to the mirrors.

George

Old 07-13-2016, 08:09 AM   #93 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015 Limited Mega Cab
Engine: 6.4 Hemi
Steel Curtain,

Update us once you get them on. I have a 15 2500 and ordered the 13-15 mirrors. However, mine do need to be flashed, but I am holding off until I decide if I am definitely keeping them or not.

I actually drove my truck for the first time yesterday with the mirrors. I was towing a trailer so I flipped them up. While driving more than 45mph, both mirror lenses started shaking so bad, it was hard to see out of them. I pulled over and double checked they were tight and they were. Seems like the large mirror lens on both mirrors have some sort of defect, but the shaking makes me want to take them off already.

Tony, haven't heard from you regarding my message. Please reply or email me since I am not on here too much.

Rodrigo

[email protected]
SPDKLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #94 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015 Ram 2500
Engine: Hemi 6.4
SPDKLZ,

I haven't had any issues and I haven't seen any vibration in them. I will flip them up and see what happens but nothing with them in the regular position. I had all the same options and I just bought them after this new batch was ready to ship (last week) The only thing I haven't checked is the turn signal, just haven't had time to do that. Puddle light, temperature and power fold all seem to be working. The other thing I haven't checked on is when they are flipped up if the mirror controls are reversed. I can live with part I think. I have pictures posted on a thread in the Heavy Duty section called tow mirrors if you want to see them installed.

George

Old 07-14-2016, 02:20 PM   #95 (permalink)

Preferred Vendor

Name: Tony

Ram Year: 2006
Engine: hemi
Originally Posted by SPDKLZ View Post
Tony,

I ordered the original tow mirrors back in Dec for my Ram 2500. My truck has the factory power folding, etc so I figured these would be plug and play.

Well, I had them in my garage and finally installed them yesterday (yes, 6 months later!). After installation, I press the fold button and they do not always fold. I have to press the button numerous times (27 times at one point) for them to fold in. Once in, the same goes to get them out. I have to press and press until they finally move out. The passenger side did not fold completely the first few times, but I figure they were just tight.

To make matters worse, the same thing happens for the adjustments. I have to press and press to get them to adjust. Funny thing is I did have it fold or adjust with one press one time, but it happened once out of about 20 different attempts.

Any idea? Apparently I ordered the black because the chrome caps were no longer available, but my factory are chrome and the all black look a little odd.
Sorry, I was out of the office for two weeks on vacation. Could you PM me the full name and shipping address under which the order was shipped and we'll take a look into the order for you.

Regards,
Tony

Old 08-12-2017, 08:04 AM   #96 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: 3.6
Okay let me see if i have this correct... i read this whole thread but still unsure...

i have a 2016 ram 1500 slt with heated/ power mirrors. I do not have signals, puddles or power fold stock right now.

I want to add tow mirrors. I dont want to add the signals, puddles or power fold because i dont want to pay extra for that option and then pay for a flash on top of that... So if i buy these mirrors https://www.1aauto.com/ram-mirror-pa...=763993&y=2016 here they will be a direct replacement? will also be plug and play for the defrost and the ability to power adjust the mirror itself (not fold them in)? I wont have to flash anything or hook anything extra up?
Bdersch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #97 (permalink)

Preferred Vendor

Name: Tony

Ram Year: 2006
Engine: hemi
Originally Posted by Bdersch View Post
Okay let me see if i have this correct... i read this whole thread but still unsure...

i have a 2016 ram 1500 slt with heated/ power mirrors. I do not have signals, puddles or power fold stock right now.

I want to add tow mirrors. I dont want to add the signals, puddles or power fold because i dont want to pay extra for that option and then pay for a flash on top of that... So if i buy these mirrors https://www.1aauto.com/ram-mirror-pa...=763993&y=2016 here they will be a direct replacement? will also be plug and play for the defrost and the ability to power adjust the mirror itself (not fold them in)? I wont have to flash anything or hook anything extra up?
Those tow mirrors are a manual pair. They do not have power or heat to them, you would have to manually adjust the glass.

We currently do not have tow mirrors that are power and heat only for this particular year, make and model. Thank you for asking.

Tony