CEL/EGR Maint Light & Parking Brake Light Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
guys, i have an 87 W100, 318, 4x4, np435, np208

i cam across several threads about the on/off trick to display any codes, and if no codes were throwing it might throw a 55. i've tried this several times and no light at all blinks

1st question is- is the EGR maint light the "check engine" light? Does my 87 have the EGR maintenance computer that throws codes

I believe this is a pre-OBD vehicle?

Another question is the dash brake light. is that just to light up if something is wrong or is that to light up when the parking brake is depressed as well? that doesn't come on when i have the parking brake on
Edit/Delete Message

Dieselholic92

Reaction score
Ram Year
1984, 2001
Engine
360, 5.9 Cummins
If I remember right, that "ENG MAINT" light should just be controlled by a little battery box on the fire wall. When the battery dies, the light turns on (which should be about every 12,000 miles) just to remind you to look over the emissions equipment and make sure it's all working properly.

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
thats what i gather as well. i just cant find a confirmation as to whether i have an actual check engine light or not.