Stock to Pro Street...Do's and Do Not's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseykeenum

Reaction score
Ram Year
1990 D150
Engine
2000 Ram 5.2L/318
Good day everyone! I have a 1990 D150 that is stock single cab long bed 2 wheel drive with V6 and 5 speed. I have a donor 2001 Ram 1500 with a fuel injected 318 that I plan to throw in the 90 to make it driveable for now. My plan is to turn this thing into a Pro Street truck that is streetable as well. Fat tires, tubs, roll cage, the full package. I am looking to go big block 426/440 or whatever I can do to get above the 700 Hp mark or whatever will get me the closest to putting low 10s to mid 9s on the board while being able to drive on the street. I would like to know what I need to do from top to bottom, frame, rearend, front k-member, tranny, everything to get this truck setup for the track. Feel free to question and make suggestions I don't know a whole lot but can't get the feeling of needing to do this out of my head. Have fun and enjoy your day!!!