Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matteo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm looking to upgrade the headlights on my '89 D150 and was hoping someone could tell me as I'm on shift for work and can't go outside and simply check.

What is the size of the headlights? 4x6? 5x7?

I have the 7" round TruckLite LED headlights in my Jeep and love them.

I was hoping i could the 5"x7" Trucklite LEDs in the truck now.

Truck-Lite - Catalog Product : 5'' x 7'' Rectangular LED Headlamp, Complex Reflector Optics

I just don't know what size they are in the truck and have not been successful with Google searching it.

Thanks for the help in advance!

OP
OP
M

Matteo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that would be them. 5x7's. i think the cheapest place i have seen those was on ebay. i have really not looked too hard into it since i would never drop $500 on a set of lights.
TWO Truck Lite 27450C 5" X 7" Rectangular LED Headlamp HI LOW Beam Headlight | eBay

I'm not crazy about the price either but it was hard when i got this truck and i could barely see. I am still considering a set of HIDs as well. I am used to LED lights too much on my jeep.

and pluss they just look sweet. lol
2014-03-27181123_zpse125cf51.jpg

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
you could try installing a relays harness to help increase the output of the stock lights that you have. i would recommend installing a relay harness for anything other than led light. you could still use it with the led light but it would most likely not effect the led's like it would a normal bulb. you could also see about re aiming the lights. with age the front ends on these trucks do sag some so the light would be aimed a bit lower than they should be. you will most likely need new light adjuster clips since the stock ones will most likely be fragile. they are usually cheap tho. i think i payed about $10 for a box of 10. Canadian tire also carries the sylvania xtravision h6054 sealed for $13. they are better than the older bulbs that most stores will sell you for $10

OP
OP
M

Matteo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you could try installing a relays harness to help increase the output of the stock lights that you have. i would recommend installing a relay harness for anything other than led light. you could still use it with the led light but it would most likely not effect the led's like it would a normal bulb. you could also see about re aiming the lights. with age the front ends on these trucks do sag some so the light would be aimed a bit lower than they should be. you will most likely need new light adjuster clips since the stock ones will most likely be fragile. they are usually cheap tho. i think i payed about $10 for a box of 10. Canadian tire also carries the sylvania xtravision h6054 sealed for $13. they are better than the older bulbs that most stores will sell you for $10

I already did the headlight wiring and still not impressed. I may find a HID set as well with projector lenses.

As for the sagging of the front and reaiming, I have new springs waiting to be installed so we will see how they affect the beam output.

Thanks for the tips though!

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
a relay harness should increase the light output even on the stock bulb.

i am personally not a big fan of hid lights. in most cases ya they help you see better but blind the crap out of everyone else on the road to do so

you could still see about aiming the lights with the old springs. as your truck sits they are most likely aimed to low and after you got the new springs in they will most likely be aimed too high until they are broken in which can take a while.

Cornfedp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, double check that aim. I put new shocks on the front and it made some difference. I just got the regular headlights, nothing fancy and it made a difference of the old ones. Im going to look up this relay for the lights and the big 3.