Do You Like Your Ram 2500 Hemi? (2011 and Up)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyroptorin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hell my 2017 Tradesman 4x4 came stock with a 6.4 Hemi. Absolutely love it, throttle response is amazing and when you throw down that pedal that thing is roaring down the road. Power Wagon would've been nice but for an extra 13-15k I'm good. I'll make do with my beastie.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I really liked my 2014 6.4L truck. Comfy, fast, good towing specs, well optioned for a Big Horn package, great exhaust sound, easy to mod.

Really lovin' the 2017 CTD with the Laramie package. Just as comfy (if not comfier with the leather vs. cloth) as the Big Horn, drives nice down the road, just a bit bumpy unloaded (it's a 2500...they ain't gonna ride like a '65 Cadillac) and the nose is heavier so it takes a bit more braking force to stop it. It also understeers a bit more in the corners than the 6.4L did but again, it's a lot heavier on the front suspension.

I guess to sum it up, the biggest difference in the trucks, and the best difference IMHO, is that sneaky fast Cummins. :)

The biggest gripe I have is TPMS high default PSI issue which can't be solved by the dealer techs now but there are solutions and I hope to remedy that issue soon.

River49

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My 2500 6.4 has 800 miles, it is head over heals over my 6.0 Ford. Only issue is a little knock at startup for 2/3 seconds.

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had my '11 Outdoorsman 2500 with the 5.7 almost since new. Been a great truck. Little rough on fuel but that changed w a few simple mods.
I love it, a lot more comfort than my '97 12v and the whole family actually likes driving in the Hemi. I'll never let my 12v go but the Hemi is definitely the family wagon for sure.

I rockguarded it, bug deflector, 20's, door sill protectors, tailgate assist, LED's everywhere, console cover, headlights, stepback flaps, tuner and exhaust. She's a good truck. Been thinking about upgrading springs and shocks but not entirely sold that the ride will get that much better while retaining ride height when loaded down with a deck and sleds.

76a8d9d65d0484c2ce29a37cdd5bd4ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk