levling kit 2012 ram 2500 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hello just joined. i have a ram 2500 wondering about a leveling kit?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Depends on how much your looking to spend and what your expecting as far as ride quality

You could spend the money on a carli level and have a great riding truck or you could just go with a hell bent steel spacer

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hellbent Steel is a good option and is the kit I have sitting in the closet waiting to be installed, granted I have a 1500 though. Maybe more CTD guys will chime on on what they're running. Possibly even check to see if Bilstein has an option for you, had the 5100 adjustable shocks on my 3rd Gen 1500 and was great! Just a little more to the install than just a spacer like the Hellbent Steel is.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
2500 has a completely different suspension. Bilstiens are always a great upgrade, but they won't help level a 2500. Most all of the spacers are the same. Hell Bent Steel makes a quality spacer at a good price.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I have been running an HBS 2" spacer for around 35k miles now and am happy with it
Installed then by myself in my driveway
The ride wasn't great with the stock length shocks but they were also worn out
Much happier with a shock for 2"-4" of lift now

Bilstiens are a great shock for any vehicle but like mentioned you can't level 2500 with adjustable shock

Carli or Thuren leveling springs will give you the best ride by far but you will pay for it
Some people feel safer running leveling springs over spacers as well, just a personal preference.

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am for springs over spacer's, but budget dictates how you go. I am waiting to do either Carli or thuren.

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
also thing to think about is how long your going to be running just a leveling kit. if it's not long and your going to go to a full suspension, then might as well save the money for the kit and run the cheaper option now. personally when i step up to a 2500 next year it's going to be a carli setup, alot of guys on cumminsforum are running it and swear by it. pretty spendy but you get what you pay for.

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I've got the 2" ready list installed on my truck. It did the trick for me but I will be switching to the carli system
Pretty soon I'm shooting for better ride quality