MegaCab Squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Last week, I noticed is this really annoying metal squeaking coming from the rear passengers side seat area. You can hear it even with the radio at 12db. When I fold the seat all the way forward, it's not there. When I recline the seat (passenger side seat) all the way back the squeak is gone. It squeaks during normal driving driving (typical uneven roads, dips, cracks). I can't duplicate it when I got back there and try to move/shake things around.

I know I can take it to the dealer but I rather try to figure this one out. I don't trust my local dealer (won't let them touch it if my truck broke down infront of them). I'll only take it to another dealer if there is a mechanical or more serious issue.

I'm hoping someone may have or know of someone whose experienced this in a mega cab. I know I can't be the only one.

Thanks in advance.

sticknstring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last week, I noticed is this really annoying metal squeaking coming from the rear passengers side seat area. You can hear it even with the radio at 12db. When I fold the seat all the way forward, it's not there. When I recline the seat (passenger side seat) all the way back the squeak is gone. It squeaks during normal driving driving (typical uneven roads, dips, cracks). I can't duplicate it when I got back there and try to move/shake things around.

I know I can take it to the dealer but I rather try to figure this one out. I don't trust my local dealer (won't let them touch it if my truck broke down infront of them). I'll only take it to another dealer if there is a mechanical or more serious issue.

I'm hoping someone may have or know of someone whose experienced this in a mega cab. I know I can't be the only one.

Thanks in advance.

Leftover pieces of the last Prius your truck ate for breakfast? I know, I'm helpful. You're welcome [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Leftover pieces of the last Prius your truck ate for breakfast? I know, I'm helpful. You're welcome [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaahahahahah....that's a good one. If someone asks "what's that squeak?" i'll tell them just that.:roflsquared::roflsquared:

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks in advance.

I'm totally OCD about interior squeaks & rattles. Best method IMO:

1) Find the roads/routes/speeds that cause the squeak.
2) Have a buddy drive the roads/routes/speeds that you found in step 1 while you sit in the back seat and try to locate it.

Good luck & let us know what you find!

My RAM's build quality is . . . less than perfect.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like you need to eat a Prius - may up the build quality for u lol