USA made 30 inch LED light bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
USA made 30 inch LED curved light bars

I want to add a 30 inch LED curved light bar to my new 2016 ram 2500.I want a quality USA made light verses a China knock off.Anyone have any experience with Black Oak of Bull Dog LED light bars? Thanks :)

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I personally like the way "brandonjansen" installed his light bar. Look him up on here & see if you like as well. He has moded the hell out of that thing. :naughty: Must work every waking moment on that thang.

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
First post and all but I really like the Rigid Industries lights. I have a little 10" SR series bar on my 2500 and it puts out an amazing amount of light for how small it is. They just aren't cheap.

JaredRAM2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
As a veteran, I love me some "built in the USA" stuff, but I have heard that the Chinese light bars are not that bad when it comes to quality. Haven't owned one personally though... I do know that the prices have plummeted on eBay. Maybe supply is greater than demand? Looks like everyone jumped on the LED light bar bandwagon all at once.

BlackWidow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram
Engine
As a veteran, I love me some "built in the USA" stuff, but I have heard that the Chinese light bars are not that bad when it comes to quality. Haven't owned one personally though... I do know that the prices have plummeted on eBay. Maybe supply is greater than demand? Looks like everyone jumped on the LED light bar bandwagon all at once.

The biggest downside with the Chinese import light bars are the shoddy optics used for projecting light. A while back I was parked side by side with my buddy who installed some cheapie 20" bar from Rogue 4. It was bright, but looking at the light projected out there were hot and cold spots all over the place where it was projecting light. In comparison, my Baja Designs light bar was smooth and consistent everywhere light was projected.

Essentially you get what you pay for. If it's cheap, it's cheap for a reason. That said though, if you're just looking to put a light bar on the truck for looks, buy whatever you want. If you're putting it on the truck because you'll have to depend on it when you're using it, pony up and get a quality light bar. My vote is for Baja Designs, VisionX or Rigid

Baja Designs: Made in USA with components sourced from domestic and foreign sources.
VisionX: Made in South Korea I believe.
Rigid Industries: Made in USA with components sourced from domestic and foreign sources.

762-MM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Coobie (same as TBN?)

I know you asked about a curved 30"…just giving my 20" experience. I wanted something subset into the front bumper with no protrusion. Also, there was no way I wanted any of the higher K 'blue' junk that has proliferated the lighting market. I also had no interest in any of the wiring set-ups that many 'include' with their bars.

What I found on the 20" is that there weren't many mounts that truly had enough set-back. Yes, most brackets attach to the recovery hook mounts, but many installed pics showed the bar protruding and personally I did not want that.

Ended up dealing with PattonFab - He and I exchanged a few measurements and drawings. He fab'd up some custom adjustable mounts for a 20" Baja Designs ONX6 LED bar. BD makes a good product. 5000K and 12,900 lumens…that trumps many of the 30" bars out there.

Anyway - just throwing it out for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_8078.jpg
    IMG_8078.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_8080.jpg
    IMG_8080.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 279
OP
OP
coobie

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
That looks sharp:favorites13: I guess gonna save my Pennies and buy a Black oak or Bull dog 30 inch curved light bar.They are comparable in price

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I think your gonna need to change your criteria slightly to light bars "assembled" in the USA...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
coobie

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think your gonna need to change your criteria slightly to light bars "assembled" in the USA...

I am all ears.I thought the bulldog and black oak WERE made in USA.Am I wrong?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I am all ears.I thought the bulldog and black oak WERE made in USA.Am I wrong?
Maybe, you'd have to look into their manufacturers and suppliers. The made in the USA claim can be made by anyone and will only be removed if challenged (there is no approval process).

I don't automatically assume that Chinese products are cheap. They are very good at copying products because they don't acknowledge copyright laws or patents.

Many of the Made in the USA products are sourced from foreign suppliers and assembled here. I would agree that the assembly is a key component to a quality product.

Here's some good info on the regs...

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-made-usa-standard

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did the same thing, I bought a oz-usa ho series 30" light bar. I wanted a lightbar to be durable and real bright but not pay the price of a rigid.

The tint is like my 4300k hid

I had some cheap chinese bar on my atv ( i guess my bar is somewhere chinese ) but it's nothing compared to the cheap one in term of assembly and output.

HO 300w 30" OZ-USA® HO Series High Output Double Row LED light bar, combo beam. 4x4 offroad trucks heavy equipment vehicle - OZ

Hid low beam + halogen high beam :

IMG_20160212_215117_zpslj9rhwfr.jpg

Lightbar only

IMG_20160212_215406_zpslmuj0oi7.jpg

UKnowWho18

Reaction score
Ram Year
'15 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Coobie (same as TBN?)

I know you asked about a curved 30"…just giving my 20" experience. I wanted something subset into the front bumper with no protrusion. Also, there was no way I wanted any of the higher K 'blue' junk that has proliferated the lighting market. I also had no interest in any of the wiring set-ups that many 'include' with their bars.

What I found on the 20" is that there weren't many mounts that truly had enough set-back. Yes, most brackets attach to the recovery hook mounts, but many installed pics showed the bar protruding and personally I did not want that.

Ended up dealing with PattonFab - He and I exchanged a few measurements and drawings. He fab'd up some custom adjustable mounts for a 20" Baja Designs ONX6 LED bar. BD makes a good product. 5000K and 12,900 lumens…that trumps many of the 30" bars out there.

Anyway - just throwing it out for reference.

That looks great! Exactly what I want. Thanks for showing it can be done!