3rd Gen Ram "Pre-Runner" Appearance Budget Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Need more updates lol...

Nothing tooo crazy to report. The bedsides are getting hung. The doors are all blocked and primed. And the fenders and hood are back off, ready for paint.

17917124_10105463652982654_7644101607856630847_o.jpg

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
surprisingly not too much rust on the frame and cab despite being an ohio truck all its life.

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And i must sadly report the ebay bumper is going back...I dont know if they mis boxed one that is from a 2nd gen...or a chevy..or what...but it doesn't fit THIS truck.

i haven't heard if they are going to exchange it, or refund it, or what.

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking great!

thanks, not much to look at right now, but its coming along. i was told about 2 weeks left today. I'm getting antsy at this point, and i'm disappointed that the bumper didn't fit. I had them order it...so i'm kind of in the dark on whats up with it. I was there once when they were trying to test fit it, and it was seriously like it was for the wrong truck, but ya never know what level of fitment you're going to get from any company. I'll report back if this is an "avoid at all costs" product...or if it just turns out to be a mis-box.

as far as the fiberwerx...leaving alot to be desired. The tech showed me all the BS to make the bedsides fit. I'm not super impressed. I'll report back with how much work they needed...and how the taillights ended up fitting...and if the tailgate even makes it back on...and if the rear bumper can go back on. And no i'm not kidding...those are the live concerns the tech has after test hanging one side.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh wow please report back with those results. I always thought about getting the fiberwerx but looks like it's a lot of money in labor and some doubtful possibilities.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah.. you can't beat the price on their fenders though. They're a pretty good deal for what you get, albeit a pain in the ass to fit them. Hopefully all goes well. if not, you could always put a spare tire holder on instead of a tailgate lol

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah.. you can't beat the price on their fenders though. They're a pretty good deal for what you get, albeit a pain in the ass to fit them. Hopefully all goes well. if not, you could always put a spare tire holder on instead of a tailgate lol

Those do look pretty badass.lol But they are big $, and it'd look goofy without a matching rim and tire...and i can't drop another dime into this heap.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I looked at the fenders, i thought it was like 375 for the fronts and 525 for the rears? am I wrong? For what you're getting, I don't think that's terrible money, since OEM metal fenders would probably be the same price

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I looked at the fenders, i thought it was like 375 for the fronts and 525 for the rears? am I wrong? For what you're getting, I don't think that's terrible money, since OEM metal fenders would probably be the same price

YES, My comment was in reference to a tube tailgate being pricey.

You are right. Fenders are $375
06-08 Dodge Ram Fenders - FiberwerX Off Road Fiberglass

bedsides were $550
02-08 Dodge Ram Bedsides - FiberwerX Off Road Fiberglass

altogether a good deal yes. cheaper than the OE bedsides...bit more than OE fenders.

I am just getting nervous with the fitment issues the tech keeps pointing out.
This place restores classic cars with Mecum/Barret type paint jobs...so we probably have different definitions of "10 footer"

I just hope i don't get into a situation where these badass looking panels end up running me thousands more in labor than originally quoted.

Every time i walk in i'm greeted with things like...

"So did you ever plan on running a tailgate again?"

"Hey....i'm probably going to have to cut up your factory bumper if you want me to put it back on"

"I'm going to have to cut this entire seam off, because it's going to hit your cab if i dont"

Making me nervou$

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Confusing because when you google fiberwerx with dodges you see the factory bumper and everything on with no difference I can see. Also even seen a YouTube video of a ram with it on and everything looked fine. Unless the fab work is where the eye doesn't see?