Ram (Mopar) Key FOB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Buy your vehicle used and only get one key FOB? Lose one? I know that this one will work for 2013 and newer Rams. It could work on other Mopars, I'm not sure.

This is just the electronic part to open doors and start the vehicle. You will need to get the emergency key part online and have it cut to match you other one. They are available here:

https://www.amazon.com/USARemote-Re...d=1476404845&sr=8-7&keywords=2014+ram+key+fob

Key FOB can be programmed for your vehicle at any dealership.

$25 shipped - Call or text Nick at 337-965-0748

picture.php

Last edited:

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'd be all over it if it had the autostart button. GLWS in any case!

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not according to the photo. If you're reading that the key will start the truck, yes, the key will start the truck when you put it in the ignition and turn it.

OP
OP
nickpohlaandp

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what I am reading,it does have the start button.

It's not a remote start key FOB. It locks/unlocks the vehicle and acts as the key to turn it on. The newer Rams only have one key lock, on the drivers door, and it's to get in if it's locked and your battery dies. That's what the "emergency" key that I put up a link for is. You have one on your existing key FOB. You would just need to get the blank and have it cut.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it new or has it been used with another truck???

OP
OP
nickpohlaandp

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is it new or has it been used with another truck???

It is from my '14 Ram which is no longer with us. If you needed the VIN or anything to get it reprogrammed I can get that to you, but I don't think that's necessary.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is from my '14 Ram which is no longer with us. If you needed the VIN or anything to get it reprogrammed I can get that to you, but I don't think that's necessary.

You can't reprogram a Fob that has already been programmed to a vehicle. There are quite a few threads about it on the forum.

OP
OP
nickpohlaandp

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can't reprogram a Fob that has already been programmed to a vehicle. There are quite a few threads about it on the forum.

I was unaware of that. Apparently the local dealership service manager doesn't know what he's talking about. Oh well.

I wonder what I should do with it. It's gotta be good for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.