*&%$#@ ram!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well, I got the call saying it was the battery after all. They put the new battery in, kept it overnight, everything is good to go. I pick it up drive it about a week and a half and yesterday I go out to go to work, TRUCKS DEAD, won't start.

I'm 100% done with this truck!!! I pay a payment for reliability and the fact that I don't want to be working on, jump starting or messing with a vehicle. I honestly do NOT want to do that or I would have a older vehicle that needed work to keep running. 8,000 miles on this truck and it's a lemon.

i know you are frustrated as hell. try this one thing, disconnect the cables from the battery, remove the terminal and examine the cable, clean or shorten and re attach. did this on our 04 grand cherokee and all was fixed.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
RWW - Here's some advice from someone who had Ford buy back a lemon and also had issues with his RAM. You don't likely (yet) have enough of a case to invoke the lemon law, but each state has slightly different rules. However, you still have a case to make with RAM. I would at least negotiate with them under the threat of the lemon law to get an extended warranty tacked on to your truck. At some point, they will probably figure the electrical problem out. An extended warranty should give you the extra piece of mind that this machine doesn't have other issues. If you do decide to go the lemon law route, contact your local Better Business Bureau and state attorney general's office. Both have resources to aid you in this. You shouldn't need to hire an attorney. When I got Ford to buy back my awful truck, the BBB assigned an agent who successfully handled all of the negotiations for me the same as a lawyer would have done. Again, all states are different so contact as many resources as possible if you eventually go that route.

Reactions: RWW

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Eletrical problems can be a booger to trace out, A bad ground somewhere can raise hell! My Buddies Chevy 1500 spent more time in the shop the first 4 month then he drove it! Turned out it was some kind of computer issue

Reactions: RWW

parkerbows

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not an aftermarket autostart is it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk