2012 problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasond

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im wondering if anyone can tell me what's going on.

I started my truck a few days ago wipers went on when in the off position every light on the dash came on lost my rpm gauge fuel gauge and speedometer and the temp for outside read -30 instead of plus 30. Another about 5 minutes it went back to normal.

Today it does the exact same thing but when I was trying to start it the motor wouldn't turn over after about 10 tries with key out of the ignition it read key in ignition. Then I put the key ack in and out a few times trying to start it and after another 10 tries it started but all service lights came on trailer brake connect came on with no trailer connected and no gauges were working and wipers came on again. It lasted 20 min and everything went back to normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Did your Check Engine Light come on? Any codes present?

This could be a Front Control Module, the key/security (SKIM) module, a weak battery (fob or under the hood) or a PCM problem although those usually leave the CEL on.

A MOPAR tech can scan it and tell for sure. Do you still have warranty on the truck?

OP
OP
J

Jasond

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The check engine light came on but went off again. It comes on when everything happens. I don't have any warranty on it. I took it to a garage and they said they couldn't read it unless it has a check engine light on. I bought this truck a few weeks .

Jason

OP
OP
J

Jasond

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So a garage looked at it and thought it was the fuse box. They put a new one in and as soon as I started it everything happened again

Motivology

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I already see your problem... your truck is a 2022. Thats why the shop can't read it.

:roflsquared::roflsquared:

On the serious side, there are a lot areas that could be causing this problem. I'd start with the cheap option and see if that would fix the problem. I think it'd be the battery (fob or truck battery). AutoZone can check to see if your truck battery is good or not for you if you take it to them.