2015 big horn exterior???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
So doing the typical thing I do I started looking at auto trader just to see what's out there I would like to have a crew cab big horn with the 8 speed. So searching through the big horns I knowticed one had fender flares so I looked through the add and sure enough on the back had the big horn logo but it had fender flares paint matched grill and the single exhaust on the hemi just like the outdoorsman, I thought maybe a fluke but there has to be 20 of them at multiple dealers. So to my question are the getting rid of the outdoorsman? Or are they just giving us more options with the big horns now? I check Rams site still shows the outdoorsman and I tried to build a big horn but flares and color matched grill wasent a choice.
So I'm not real sure what's going on but there is some big discounts in north Texas.
Autotrader Mobile:: New 2015 RAM 1500 Big Horn

Upthewazzu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500, Hemi 5.7, 3.21
I never once came across a Big Horn like what you describe during my recent (March-April '15) search for a 2015 Ram big horn.

I wonder if it's a regional thing.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stumped on this one as I never saw any Big Horns like this when I was shopping out my Express between Dec-Feb!

OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Idk there is atleast 4 dealers with In 70 miles of me that goes from frisco TX to durant OK I'm not sure what going on this is the first I have came across them (I look weekly no wonder I can't keep a truck more than 2 years!) my first guess is they are going to phase out the outdoorsman and trying to use up there stock. I haven't came across one that was 4wd so I don't know witch transfer case it will have most of the big horns I have seen have the auto case and the outdoorsman has the part time case.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Franken-trucks?
Odd, yet interesting!!!
I have a Lonestar which is basically a ~BigHorn~, but dang,,, your description/pics are not what I would expect to see,,,
You know,, there's only one way to find out 'the scoop',,,,,
So,,,
When are ya going to go look at 'em in person??? =)

OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Franken-trucks?
Odd, yet interesting!!!
I have a Lonestar which is basically a ~BigHorn~, but dang,,, your description/pics are not what I would expect to see,,,
You know,, there's only one way to find out 'the scoop',,,,,
So,,,
When are ya going to go look at 'em in person??? =)

You know I want to! But my wife would kill me! The only way I'm getting a new truck is if once baby gets here (June) it is a complete pain in the ass to get baby in and out of the quad cab other wise it'll be quite a few years, next truck I won't settle on!

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That is a package that Ram is calling a "Big Horn Plus"...

MelonFarmeR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They are all sub packages of the SLT. Bighorn, Lone star and Outdoorsman. Although the Outdoorsman can have a few different available options. The Bighorn plus is a new SLT sub package.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Its funny you guys mentioned this! I was driving 2 days ago and saw a ram and i saw the big horn badge on the back. First thing i noticed was the fender flares. I was in shock! i was wondering what the hell was going on. I was gonna follow the truck cause he turned into a business but i was runnning late for work. The truck looked big to me like it was a HD truck but then all trucks look big to me cause im driving a borrowed elantra right now :) I dont care for those type flares anyway compared to the bushwacker/ rocky ridge ones

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
v6 truck...

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well if you dont want the flares, i will take it..muahaha.

Truck name: Rampage
2012 Dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn 4x4
*Bilstein 2.8" front
*Bilstein shocks on rear with 1" spacer
*Pioneer AVH 4300DVD head unit
*Polk Audio Dxi350 dash speakers
*Kicker 40CSS654 6 1/2" door speakers (x4)
*fox box 2-12" speakers holder for rear seats
*2-12" alpine subs (swe -1243l
*500 watt alpine mono sub
*LED 3rd tail light smoked
*Spyder LED smokes tail lights
havent even started on the engine..lol

fat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You know I want to! But my wife would kill me! The only way I'm getting a new truck is if once baby gets here (June) it is a complete pain in the ass to get baby in and out of the quad cab other wise it'll be quite a few years, next truck I won't settle on!

well it will be a major pain so start shopping and getting your ducks in a row. If this is the first/only child and you can place the car set in the middle (as you should) then you'll have the room but you still have to climb all the way in every time and that will be easier to do in a crew. Especially in the winter time with heavy clothes on, if you live in a place that has even mild winters. Congratulations

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did anyone else look at the window sticker on the first blue one? Lol its like a hodgepodge of options mixed together between an Outdoorsman and Big Horn. What's even more weird is that it says painted rear bumper and "monotone Outdoorsman." Really weird combination that i'm left scratching my head why it is being offered when there is a separate Big Horn and Outdoorsman options.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6RR6LT5FS630235

BTW congrats on the little one. I am glad I traded my quad cab in for a crew cab.

OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Did anyone else look at the window sticker on the first blue one? Lol its like a hodgepodge of options mixed together between an Outdoorsman and Big Horn. What's even more weird is that it says painted rear bumper and "monotone Outdoorsman." Really weird combination that i'm left scratching my head why it is being offered when there is a separate Big Horn and Outdoorsman options.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6RR6LT5FS630235

BTW congrats on the little one. I am glad I traded my quad cab in for a crew cab.

Thanks I will have to beable to justify it with the wife because we would take a pretty big hit on it.

I'm scratching my head also I don't understand why ram would do a big horn plus package when to me its a outdoorsman there's no options left of that I can think of? Can anyone see a difference between the outdoorsman and the "big horn plus"? I can't see it I would love to see what T-case these have if they do this in 4wd, I will keep my eye out.

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I couldn't find it on Ram's website nor could I find a 4wd version when I did a search through google. Mostly all the dealers I saw were down south (TX, OK, etc). On the outside it looks exactly like a monotone Outdoorsman.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You can't get an Outdoorsman model in a 4X2 drivetrain. That's the difference right there. Ram wants to sell the Outdoorsman appearance but they don't want to call it an Outdoorsman without a 4X4 drivetrain.

Last edited:

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What's even more weird is that it says painted rear bumper and "monotone Outdoorsman."
That line is truncated because the next word was a hyphenated word and made the line too long.
What is says is "Monotone Outdoorsman Body-Color Fender Flares"

Last edited:
OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
You can't get an Outdoorsman model in a 4X2 drivetrain. That's the difference right there. Ram wants to sell the Outdoorsman appearance but they don't want to call it an Outdoorsman without a 4X4 drivetrain.

Bingo! I forgot they stoped selling 2wd outdoorsman! I though it was weird they even made 2wd outdoorsman editions couple years ago!