65rfe converter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the 65rfe converter have a drain plug ?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe the answer is no, but I'm not 100% sure. I do know to access the torque converter you need to remove the structural dust cover.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
No because TC are not supposed to be run dry at all. Drop pan, do whatever you are gonna do, fill up down neck. Before you start the truck, remove cooler line and place end in bucket, and have someone put a qrt at a time in while you watch the fluid drain run clear. I just posted a youtube on it, gl.

dyi tranny flush

Last edited:

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
FWIW, I just did an exchange service on my 09. I took the lines off at the cooler. the top one was the one that came from the trans. slipped some 3/8" hose on it and then fired it up to pump it out and then refill thru the neck. it pumps faster than you can pour.

if you drop the pan for filter change, be sure to count that amount of fluid in what you removed from the system otherwise, you will end up taking out more than you put in and you may have to go back to the store and buy 6 more quarts to fill it up.