AC stopped blowing cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jr-1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my trucks AC blows fine but it stopped blowing cold a couple of days ago. When it is blowing it has a mildewy smell to it. My buddy told me it was more than likely that the Evaporator Core is leaking. What do you guys think? Thanks

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
So my trucks AC blows fine but it stopped blowing cold a couple of days ago. When it is blowing it has a mildewy smell to it. My buddy told me it was more than likely that the Evaporator Core is leaking. What do you guys think? Thanks

It could be a slew of different things bud, your best bet is to have it dye tested before you start throwing parts at it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
if it's leaking a recharge should tell you that, it will work for a while. They have self healing r134a but I hear it doesn't work great. That mold smell likely has nothing to do with it, get a can of mold killer from detailing websites you spray in the condenser.