Buying a 2011-2012 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D_murph2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Don't own one yet
Engine
Don't own one get
Hi all, first post and need some advice, I am looking at reading in my 2004 Ford F-350 6.0 diesel (owned it about a month now, just don't like the cost of diesel and cost of repairs) so I started looking for a new truck, like the styling of the 4th gen Rams.
So I have found 2 trucks ones a 11 and ones a 12 bit are crew cab short bed 4x4 5.7 hemis
The 2011 is a outdoorsman with 74k on it asking 23 for it
The 2012 is a slt with 110k miles and is a lightly options slt on the floor 4x4 just not very many options asking 23,500 for it
Both are cloth seats,
Now is there any major difference between the 11 and 12? I am leaning towards the 11 becjase of the less miles and more options, the thing I found wierd on the 11 was the cruis control wasn't on the steering wheel with buttons it actually had a lever, I don't use cc much anyway, but the steering wheel had up and down buttons is that for the computer? Or does it not even have a computer? I know nothing bout these trucks just started looking into them..
Also what would be some realistic mpg numbers? Thanks in advance

chizzyofdp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
On the 2011 the lever cruise control is actually more convenient in my opinion, at first it is weird but once you get used to it you'll love it. I say go for less miles, they're pretty much the exact same truck. The up and down buttons are to move between your screen settings like your tire pressure, your fuel economy and other stuff like that

chizzyofdp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
With a heavy 2500 I'd say around 14 mpg I get 16 mostly city I go about 150 miles a week on the highway max and about 250 a week city.