Changes for 2015 model?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think with the new GM twins this year and the new aluminum Ford coming next year, another year (2016-17) for Dodge to plan is possibly a good thing. It gives them time to design a real market changer or get real innovative machine. I think the trend is now to one up the other automakers in new tech and "first to market" bragging rights. It's no longer "thats their truck, this is our truck". I think the next Ram will be another leap, not a step, as a product. It has to be nowadays.
And with the way of the trends, maybe a supercharged engine will replace a big Hemi???? Same or more power but better milage. Who knows????

MyRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This actually makes me happy since I just got my truck. I was going to be pissed if three months later they announced a refreshed truck with all of the things that were missing! :roflbow:

Ditto: when a major refresh comes out that almost always means a pretty big hit on resale for the year or two before it. That hit is usually much less drastic three or four years down the road.

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
So it's been about a year.... and from what I can tell there is not much change between the 2014's and the 2015's... if any at all...

Any rumors on changes to the 2016 model year???

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Also, this thread had almost 43,000 views? DAMN!

MaineRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have liked the Official Ram Trucks on facebook and they keep posting these videos claiming something is coming in 2015. No real info, but I am curious. If they aren't going to revamp the Ram, possibly resurrecting the Dakota? Not too sure, but I am interested.

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I have liked the Official Ram Trucks on facebook and they keep posting these videos claiming something is coming in 2015. No real info, but I am curious. If they aren't going to revamp the Ram, possibly resurrecting the Dakota? Not too sure, but I am interested.

Yeah I follow them too... I saw that turkey cutting video and the only thing I can come up with is the split tail gate thing we've read so much about...

I've been putting off ordering a new truck for a year now because I don't want to get one and then have some cool change happen... that and my buddy bought a new 2014 in the color I was going to get next... so I'm wanting some kind of change before I buy one so we don't have the same truck... lol

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I'm hoping for a 1500 power wagon

Or the 6.4L in the 1500 series... can you imagine? I'd be ALL over that... doubt it ever happens...

... and finding out info on the 2016 model year online is proving to be futile..

MaineRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw the turkey video too. There is a new one with two people out for a walk, and a sign that says something about a unmaintained road. Makes me wonder if the power wagon 1500 is possible.

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I saw the turkey video too. There is a new one with two people out for a walk, and a sign that says something about a unmaintained road. Makes me wonder if the power wagon 1500 is possible.

A 1500 Power Wagon with the 6.4L in Sport trim.... *drool*

How could they keep that under wraps though? lol surely that rumor would get out?

When do we find out? January?

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Just watched the hiking video... I have NO idea what that means... ******** Ram being so cryptic...

OzCop

Reaction score
Highland Village, TX...north of Dallas about 28 mi
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Ecodiesel
Engine
Ecodiesel
I just purchased a 2014 1500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab 4x4. I asked if there were any changes on the 2015 coming out, and they took me out to the lot to look at one that had just come in...Not one thing different I could find. I saved nearly 11K off the sticker of the 2014, so I bought it. The only thing new, according to the dealer, is the UConnect will have a 5 year free subscription as opposed to one year currently offered...Not enough to make me pay more for the same truck...

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I just purchased a 2014 1500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab 4x4. I asked if there were any changes on the 2015 coming out, and they took me out to the lot to look at one that had just come in...Not one thing different I could find. I saved nearly 11K off the sticker of the 2014, so I bought it. The only thing new, according to the dealer, is the UConnect will have a 5 year free subscription as opposed to one year currently offered...Not enough to make me pay more for the same truck...

Yeah, for sure... my dealer had told me there would be no difference almost a year ago... I'm curious what will be new for 2016... it could be the difference between ordering one in the spring or waiting until the fall...