Dealer not selling Quad Cabs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
wait... passenger airbag deploying when door is shut? which years and models are affected? i just bought a 2015 ram 1500 semi quad cab...

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Find it funny how people think the QC rear is tiny. It has as much space as any of todays sedans, people with family's have sedans.. seems to be working. Ill take the bigger bed any day. I don't have kids, but I did fine growing up in in the back of my dad's foxbody. Not worried about it.
I had a quad cab rental for 2 weeks and hated it. In my crew cab I have to move the seat up 3" to fit a car seat in it, with the quad cab there was about 5" between the front of the front seat and the dash, so I couldn't imagine having kids and having a quad cab. If you don't ever haul people and/or don't have kids the quad cab will work fine though.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Find it funny how people think the QC rear is tiny. It has as much space as any of todays sedans, people with family's have sedans.. seems to be working. Ill take the bigger bed any day. I don't have kids, but I did fine growing up in in the back of my dad's foxbody. Not worried about it.
Well that's because it is...Unless you have a 5' tall person in front you you'll be crammed. I had a 2011 QC for 4 years, my best buddy has one now too. Whenever I sit in the back of his truck I'm cramped up and my knees touch the back of his seats. I'm only 5'10. I said after that truck I'd never have a QC again. They work well if you don't care to haul a truck full of people around. I bought a crew cab because IMO they look better, heated rear seats, under floor coolers, wicked leg room, and I don't think QC is even an option on the upper 2 trims.

I'd much rather ride in the back of my company jetta than in a QC...there is a lot more leg room.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You know they use to just make trucks with no back seat. People bought a truck for what a truck is for , having a bed to haul something. LOL

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You know they use to just make trucks with no back seat. People bought a truck for what a truck is for , having a bed to haul something. LOL
That was also back when a truck cost $15000 fully loaded and you could get a family sedan for $15000 and afford to keep both. Now the average cost of a truck is above $30000 so people have to use them to do everything.

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I like my quad cab, I don't haul people in back much at all and I think it has more of that classic Pickup truck look rather then the SUV with an open trunk look. I do like the crew cab with the long bed and I may go that route next time around especially if I have kids by then.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe he doesn't want a 5ft suitcase for a bed. Maybe he is buying it for a truck and not a suv. And before anyone says you can get a cc with a 6ft bed, maybe he doesn't want it that long. Not everybody buys a truck for a family vehicle. My lab rides fine in the back and so do my tools. Imo which don't mean nothing ,the cc with the 5ft bed looks silly. Throw a hard cover on it and it really looks silly. I like to call them a Ford explorer sport track on steroids.LOL:favorites13:

you do know a short bed is perfectly fine for many people right? i have a short bed and i do work my truck and i have zero issues with the bed size. just because you personally don't like something doesn't mean you have to go on the attack which sadly seems to be a trend for you

wait... passenger airbag deploying when door is shut? which years and models are affected? i just bought a 2015 ram 1500 semi quad cab...

i believe it's 2013-2015 but it's been a bit since i saw the notice. i was told it also affects crews too tho and i've yet to get anything in the mail

[edit] found it and yes it's 13-15 and it only says 4 door trucks so i'm assuming it applies to both quads and crews http://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/26/fca-2million-ram-airbag-recall/

Last edited:

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
you do know a short bed is perfectly fine for many people right? i have a short bed and i do work my truck and i have zero issues with the bed size. just because you personally don't like something doesn't mean you have to go on the attack which sadly seems to be a trend for you

i believe it's 2013-2015 but it's been a bit since i saw the notice. i was told it also affects crews too tho and i've yet to get anything in the mail

[edit] found it and yes it's 13-15 and it only says 4 door trucks so i'm assuming it applies to both quads and crews FCA recalls 2 million Ram trucks over airbag issues

Really attack ,whatever. The op asked about the qc. He didn't say he wanted a crew. Everybody that has a crew thinks it's the best truck, so what. So I made a comment about why one might want a qc. You don't like it that I said it has a suitcase bed. Too bad ,I put in there that it was IMO. I've seen a ladder rack on a 5ft bed and it is the stupidest looking thing I've ever seen on a truck. IMO.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really attack ,whatever. The op asked about the qc. He didn't say he wanted a crew. Everybody that has a crew thinks it's the best truck, so what. So I made a comment about why one might want a qc. You don't like it that I said it has a suitcase bed. Too bad ,I put in there that it was IMO. I've seen a ladder rack on a 5ft bed and it is the stupidest looking thing I've ever seen on a truck. IMO.

it's not what you're saying well not totally anyway but the way you're saying it. comes off as aggressive like you're trying to offend someone and looking for an argument. it's fine to compare differences and share opinions but that doesn't mean you have to bash things you don't like either

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
CC here, like the possibility to take 4-5 adults to lunch. bed has always been ample enough for me, and will do more than what I plan to haul.

Awastatyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can care less what you guys think about QC vs. CC!
I'm concerned about if this is for QC and/or CC trucks.

I found this pdf on NHTSA web site. It's the letter to the dealers from manufacturers

The first part might give you some insight on if your truck is affected.

Greeco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not a RAM owner, yet.......but are there usually this many recalls on these trucks? I can think of 2 or 3 minor recalls on the cars I've owned over the past 15 years. Minor enough to be fixed in 30 minutes at the dealer.

I'm just curious. I plan to buy a RAM in the next 6 months and want to know what I'm getting into.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not a RAM owner, yet.......but are there usually this many recalls on these trucks? I can think of 2 or 3 minor recalls on the cars I've owned over the past 15 years. Minor enough to be fixed in 30 minutes at the dealer.

I'm just curious. I plan to buy a RAM in the next 6 months and want to know what I'm getting into.

Actually the number of recalls is pretty low and most recalls only effect certain models or options. All brands these days seem to be having a lot of recalls tho but that's what you get when you go for cheap labour

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I've had my 2014 for 16 months now, and I have yet to get any recalls on it.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Mine has the S in the VIN, taking it in tomorrow, he said they are easy to do, maybe 30 minutes.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A

[edit] found it and yes it's 13-15 and it only says 4 door trucks so i'm assuming it applies to both quads and crews FCA recalls 2 million Ram trucks over airbag issues

whew doesn't look like mine is affected. from the link its trucks up to date of birth in january, mine was born april 2015 :)

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I can care less what you guys think about QC vs. CC!
I'm concerned about if this is for QC and/or CC trucks.

I found this pdf on NHTSA web site. It's the letter to the dealers from manufacturers

The first part might give you some insight on if your truck is affected.

I'm confused my truck was built after january... it was built in april 2015... but it has an s in the 11th vin....

i have the ram toolbox app also but it doesn't show any recalls....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990