Dealership Rip Off For Mods!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
uploadfromtaptalk1397667258849.jpg stopped in at a local dealer to check out a 2014 lifted ram they had on the lot. Went in to talk about how much the package would cost and he gave me this! I was blown away as soon as I saw the price for the lift! I don't know who would pay that much to have that work done, maybe someone who's never model before! A local shop (Action Trucks) said he would do a 6 inch on my Ram for 1700 installed! He then proceed to tell me how many trucks with this package they sell and how the last one sat all winter without sale so the manager is driving it..lol! When it came time for the speedo calibration I said "what I'd I just put a bully dog on and do it that way" his response.."well we aren't responsible for any speeding tickets" haha!

Just something I found funny and decided to share! Lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dealers have to get their cut also. 99% of the time they outsource this type of work to an aftermarket accy shop. a shop may give the dealer a little break but not too much usually

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
The same guy who quoted you 17OO probably charges the dealer 25OO.

The local 4 Wheel Parts shop typically has more dealership trucks in their bays than regular Joes'.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
dealers have to get their cut also. 99% of the time they outsource this type of work to an aftermarket accy shop. a shop may give the dealer a little break but not too much usually

The thing is that these guys do all their own work! He said they do and then they give you the warranty that is voided from Chrysler. I'm not worried about warranty on it anyway lol

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As overpriced as it is, no one is being forced to buy it. Sooner or later some moron with more money than brains will come along and pick it up.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Look at the way they spelled (or spelt if you prefer) labor....labour is the British way, labor is the American way.......

Reminds me of the scam emails everyone gets with incorrect spelling and grammar, claiming you won tons of money, just send them a little of it and so on........

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
They wouldn't do it if no one bought them.

Exactly, there's a sucker born every minute.

Look at the way they spelled (or spelt if you prefer) labor....labour is the British way, labor is the American way.......

Reminds me of the scam emails everyone gets with incorrect spelling and grammar, claiming you won tons of money, just send them a little of it and so on........

Could the OP be from Canada??

KCTHUNDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
id love to punch the person that typed that up and the owner of the dealership knock them the f*ck out! people like that need their ass whipped.. only solution I can see....

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
When your ball joints go bad good luck getting the aftermarket shop to pay for
Not that i agree with the prices but you pay to play, some are ok paying up front rather then down the road (or can't be bothered having their brand new truck down to have a lift installed)

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Could the OP be from Canada??

Could be, but that's not the point...the point was it is a rip-off to charge that much.....just like the scam emails I mentioned.

The common thing was the spelling use that made me think of them.

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One of the dealerships around here does this with a lot of used trucks, and they typically fly off the lot. However we have a lot of natural gas workers coming into the area, so young guys making big money makes for dumb purchases.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
When your ball joints go bad good luck getting the aftermarket shop to pay for
Not that i agree with the prices but you pay to play, some are ok paying up front rather then down the road (or can't be bothered having their brand new truck down to have a lift installed)

I'm not sure what ball joints would cost to fix, but I can have it done at a shop just down the road for $1700 installed' same kit! They want $3128 for theirs! I'd imagine I could replace the ball joints got less than that lol...I'd guess that I wouldn't have an issue with them for the length of time I had the truck either. ( at 100,000 kms I trade up)

Hemi22xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I saw one where I live that looked about the same on prices listed. Outrageous that someone will actually buy that..

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
That's a scam... BUT, there is a reason it is so high. Since I assume it is a new truck that they did this to, and they plan to sell the truck as new instead of used, it all is covered under warranty. Who else has a lifted truck with all of those mods that ALL of the parts are covered by warranty?

We have a local GMC dealer that does it to Sierras, and the prices are outrageous!

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought my 14 I asked how much it would cost me for a 6" lift installed and they told me 5K! I told them they are crazy. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Rip off.

$miley